Unexpected sensations from physical intimacy

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

swashyrose
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Mar 2016, 1:29 am

I recently began my first intimate relationship and wanted to know if my strange experience was shared with anyone else on the spectrum. The only way I can describe it is 'phantom contact', the echoes of being close to my partner, even just caressing, returning much later in the day sometimes, like my partner is still against me on ghost form.
does this make sense? I found it very troubling at first but am.becoming used to it that said, I find it very mysterious!

Lockeye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2016, 1:54 am

I have experienced it before, I call them 'echoes', I don't know the degree to which it's a specific autistic trait or experienced by NTs.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2016, 3:53 am

While i don't experience this from intimacy (well, i haven't yet), but i do get these 'contact echoes' from painful touches.
I have not heared any NT speak of this, but then again, not many autistics speak about this either

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2016, 4:50 am

I've experienced this sort of thing. Even years later for especially intense moments.

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2016, 8:14 am

I have felt these also, obviously different from a male perspective but its the same.

I have never heard a NT mention this but I have never been in that sort of conversation with one!!