Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2016, 9:40 pm

Lately I have been trying to induce lucid dreams (and by lately I mean since January). For those of you who may not know, a lucid dream is a dream where you become aware that you are dreaming and then can control everything. It feels just as real as reality and I am not exagerating when I say that you can do literally anything you want. I havn't had any lucid dreams lasting more then a few seconds yet, but I still have some interesting experiences that I could go on about for a while if anyone is interested.

So are there any experiences lucid dreamers, people interested in lucid dreaming, or lucid dreamers in training here?

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

b91
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Mar 2016, 10:17 pm

My first attempts at lucid dreaming where aided by taking vitamin b complex before going to bed. I read about it and it seemed to work. I have had a lot of lucid dreams that seem to last several minutes, but usually i have to "want to" do it. I would not characterize it as being able to do anything I want. Its more like I can travel somewhere. Hope that helps in some way.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2016, 10:29 pm

b91 wrote:
My first attempts at lucid dreaming where aided by taking vitamin b complex before going to bed. I read about it and it seemed to work. I have had a lot of lucid dreams that seem to last several minutes, but usually i have to "want to" do it. I would not characterize it as being able to do anything I want. Its more like I can travel somewhere. Hope that helps in some way.

Actually, in my brief moments of lucid dreaming I have done a fair bit of dream control. Most notably I once turned off gravity and started floating weightlessly (which was super awesome). From my experience and from what I have read anything is possible in a lucid dream, it's just that dream control can be a bit tricky and takes a bit of practice. I find dream control rather easy for some reason, I even accidentally do it in non-lucid dreams sometimes. I can't tell you how many dreams I have had where I discovered that I had a superpower.

Deviant Art

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 3:51 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I would bring it back because last night I had my first stable lucid dream. I just looked around a bit and didn't know what to do so I woke myself up, but for once is was actually by choice and I was in the dream for nearly a minute. I am going to make a plan for what I will do in my next lucid dream, and suggestions certainly are welcome.

I am thinking I might start with something basic, like summoning a light saber and cutting down some trees with it. I may also try to lift objects with my mind and turn off gravity. By tonight I should have a good solid plan and hopefully I can induce another lucid dream so I can stabilize it like I did last night and start laughing in the face of physics. One thing I want to do in lucid dreams a lot is flying every rocket there is in both reality and fiction and I also want to visit my imaginary world.

This is a very huge milestone, now I just have to try to lucid dream as much as I can, figure out how to control it, and try to have as much fun as possible.

Deviant Art

Caesar
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 6:26 pm

Congrats on the lucid dreams!

I never really had a lucid dream myself.
The closest dreams to lucid dreams were a dream in 4th grade where I stood at the grass accross the dance room of my elementary school where said "Am I dreaming? GET ME OUT OF THIS DREAM!!"

And the other one was last year I believe where I was standing at a path and saw a horse, I tried to make the horse run towards me confirm that I was dreaming but the horse didn't do anything. Then I walked away but when I turned around I actually did see the horse run towards me and I climbed over a wall so the horse couldn't get me and woke up.

Hopefully I manage to get better lucid dreams in the future :U

crazybunnylady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 May 2016, 6:51 pm

I have lucid dreams now and again and they are awesome. I can't really figure out why I have them when I do, though sometimes when I'm living a healthier lifestyle they happen more frequently, but not always.

Without consciously deciding to while I'm awake, I've found that I tend to get myself off in my lucid dreams, because the orgasms are amazing in that dream state. So I realise I'm dreaming then dream up a hot guy or just start masturbating furiously! Lol. One time I was feeling sexually frustrated and was turned down by my boyfriend, he didn't feel well, I fell asleep and dreamed up a faceless man and went at him like a woman possessed. I actually told my boyfriend about it the next morning and we both found it funny, luckily :lol:

Diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome 15/06/2016

crazybunnylady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 May 2016, 6:58 pm

b91 wrote:

That's interesting, I sometimes take b vitamin tablets, I was told not to take them after 11am because they can keep you awake, and I can get really bad insomnia. But I might give it a go.

I take 5 htp now and again and they seem to make my dreams a lot more intense and vivid, not sure about lucid though. Not right before bed as they can be quite stimulating, maybe at lunch time or something. Some people don't like this though and it freaks them out! I find dreams completely fascinating, as long as they aren't terrifying nightmares.

Diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome 15/06/2016

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 7:25 pm

Caesar wrote:
Congrats on the lucid dreams!

I never really had a lucid dream myself.
The closest dreams to lucid dreams were a dream in 4th grade where I stood at the grass accross the dance room of my elementary school where said "Am I dreaming? GET ME OUT OF THIS DREAM!!"

And the other one was last year I believe where I was standing at a path and saw a horse, I tried to make the horse run towards me confirm that I was dreaming but the horse didn't do anything. Then I walked away but when I turned around I actually did see the horse run towards me and I climbed over a wall so the horse couldn't get me and woke up.

Hopefully I manage to get better lucid dreams in the future :U

Thanks!

I remember my first lucid dream. It was shortly before my obsession with it really kicked in at the end of last December. I had recently dropped my PE class and I knew that I would never have to take another PE class, but that night I had a dream about being in PE which made me think "Wait, this isn't right. Am I dreaming or something?" and I was still a bit unsure about weather I was dreaming until I woke myself up.

Deviant Art

TomChavez
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jul 2017, 2:16 am

This post is very useful for me. Lots of thanks for sharing this informative post about Binaural Beats Lucid Dreaming and keep publishing more informative content!! ! :)

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2017, 8:38 pm

Oddly, I can often control my thought process in dreams but not realise I'm dreaming.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~