Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 10:54 pm

I'm nearly 30 OMG! But still get excited like a little kid! Disney OMG! excited! new game or beating a level in a game. You've seen my rambling and bad grammar WP and a lot of game boards even the "family friendly I THOUGHT" POKEMON series was a board of negativeness. Yet Monster Hunter they enjoy my enthusiasm and excitement. Then it hit me.

Is this an Autism thing?

Getting excited like a kid when going to Disney (even at age 30) jumping up and down excited! (One old lady starred at me and smiled but I didn't connect the dots socially and was just my excited kid self.

Is this ok?

Wrong??

Perhaps? Endearing? While others trudge through life I get excited over trips/Disney/beating a video game or even YES at times academics to others BOO! Test me Excited I know I studied and I HOPE I get an A!! !! Can't wait to put to the test what I learned! I once had a stomach ache in my class and did the Final exam in 5 minutes then walked out. Got an A. :-)

I actually STUDIED and enjoyed the curriculum EXCITED! Like a Kid!

So?

Aspies/those on the overall spectrum can anyone relate to being excited like a little kid over certain things?

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 6:52 pm

I believe it (pure, child-like glee) is common characteristic of ASD.

I get it too over certain things.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 7:07 pm

I am over thirty, and I get excited like a little kid. I jump up and down, clap my hands, slide across floors in my socks, sing, etc.

I get excited or happy really easily. I would be really excited to get something associated with my special interests, or even just to get ice cream.

And I watch cartoons, play video games, sing songs from animated films, etc.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 7:39 pm

I get excited over special events or fun things that are coming up. I don't always express this out loud, but sometimes I do.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 7:42 pm

^
^Yep! Sliding around in my socks on the hard floor is a personal favorite of mine; I do it often 8) . Spinning is also a blast, particularly if you're wearing a skirt/dress.
Did someone say ice cream?!?!

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 8:51 pm

Sure, I get excited over things I look forward to or things I like doing.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 10:51 pm

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
^
^Yep! Sliding around in my socks on the hard floor is a personal favorite of mine; I do it often 8) . Spinning is also a blast, particularly if you're wearing a skirt/dress.

I don't like wearing skirts, but I used to spend a lot of time twirling around in circles when I was a kid. I used to also just do continuous somersaults around the house, and bounce repeatedly on couch cushions that I'd set up around the room.

I have recently started spinning again when I'm alone. I was showing someone how I used to do it as a kid (it has to be done in a particular way) and then I remembered why I liked doing it so much.

I also do completely ridiculous and random dancing when I'm feeling euphoric. My cats often seem somewhat alarmed by this.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 11:03 pm

I remember when Obama won the first time I hopped up and down :bounce: and made silly little squeaking noises :cat:

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 11:17 pm

Yigeren wrote:
I am over slide across floors in my socks

Oh god yes. My parents house doesn't have hardwood floors, but my well off aunt and uncle do so it was (and still is sometimes) the best part of family reunions. I could slide for 20+ feet in my Aunts kitchen.

My dads dog tends to get me excited as well. He'll "convince" me to play with him or run around the house in circles.

Fun music will make me childish sometimes. I don't listen to that kind enough, too busy listening to cerebral songs.

I don't do it much anymore, but I used to pedal myself on one foot while pivoting really fast on the heel of my other foot.
Also spinning in computer chairs and changing speed by drawing in or extending my legs.

Last edited by Feyokien on 11 Mar 2016, 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 11:19 pm

It's been a long time. I think the last time was when I got an A in my algebra and stats classes.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 11:34 pm

Yigeren wrote:
^

I don't like wearing skirts, but I used to spend a lot of time twirling around in circles when I was a kid. I used to also just do continuous somersaults around the house, and bounce repeatedly on couch cushions that I'd set up around the room.

I have recently started spinning again when I'm alone. I was showing someone how I used to do it as a kid (it has to be done in a particular way) and then I remembered why I liked doing it so much.

I also do completely ridiculous and random dancing when I'm feeling euphoric. My cats often seem somewhat alarmed by this.

I had completely forgotten about the somersault marathons (which usually got interrupted by ill-placed walls).
:lol: My cat looks at me like I'm insane when I start dancing around like (an awesome) dork.

Feyokien wrote:
Oh god yes. My parents house doesn't have hardwood floors, but my well off aunt and uncle do so it was (and still is sometimes) the part of family reunions. I could slide for 20+ feet in my Aunts kitchen.

My dads dog tends to get me excited as well. He'll "convince" me to play with him or run around the house in circles.

:idea: It would be fun to set up a Sock Sliding Olympics, where we compete to see who can go the furthest.
^ 20ft+, now that's skill! I'm not sure of my greatest distance so far. My current laminate wood floors have a faux grain that makes them less slippery, but the floors at my parents house are great for sliding. Suddenly I want to do physics equations to figure out the optimal height, weight, running-start length...

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 11:47 pm

:idea: It would be fun to set up a Sock Sliding Olympics, where we compete to see who can go the furthest.
^ 20ft+, now that's skill! I'm not sure of my greatest distance so far. My current laminate wood floors have a faux grain that makes them less slippery, but the floors at my parents house are great for sliding. Suddenly I want to do physics equations to figure out the optimal height, weight, running-start length...

20 feet might have been an exaggeration actually now that I think about it 8O. 20 feet is longer than most bedrooms. More like 12-15 feet at the most, I was trying to conceptualize how long the kitchen was in my mind. heh for science!

Last edited by Feyokien on 11 Mar 2016, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 11:52 pm

^ Let that be a lesson to my physics professor; If you want to get me excited about doing physics problems, make it about sock sliding, explosions, or the terminal velocity of Hans Gruber.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 11:58 pm

^ Mama from Dredd would be a good one as well, although that gets a bit gory.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2016, 12:01 am

A bit of gore adds to the appeal :twisted:

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2016, 12:26 am

I can imagine the all of the horrified parents at PTA meetings now. :twisted:

Judge Dredd would be much more effective advocate for lawfulness than the D.A.R.E. Lion