Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 3:58 pm

Hi:
I hold a position where I am required to work with some major events along with attending them. Like today, I attending a quarterly meeting and all seemed fine at first. It was when another aspie, who sits on an advisory council of ours arrived, I broke down.

I seemed to cry a lot.

Is crying at work common for people with asperger's and why?

Finalfate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Mar 2016, 4:18 pm

Intense stress at work is common in us compared to those without ASD. Crying can be one reaction to stress. It sounds like your tears were triggered by an emotional response, but stress could have played a role in making you more susceptible to it.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 4:58 pm

At the meeting today, I didn't have a lot of major stressors. All I had to do was sit in a room and listen to a bunch of professional people and self advocates voice their opinions and ask questions.

I do believe that I was fine until of the members of the meeting, whose a self advocate and casual friend showed up. They are known to be quite pretentious along with a self promoting type. They often make me feel like I am not doing enough like engaging in more public speaking, earning awards and being first at this or that.