Why don't people ever text me unless I prompt them first?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Robben
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2016, 12:00 am

I started texting a girl I know last week and have been asking her if she wants to hang out. Whenever I text her first she sends an enthusiastic message back but after that she just sounds bored. Then after the conversation I have to initiate the next one or she will never text me again. I tested this with another friend last year. From July to October I texted her once a month to hang out. I haven't texted her since November and haven't gotten any since. I am sure it isn't because she doesn't like me, but I don't know why she hasn't even asked me wondering why I stopped. The ironic thing is both of these girls always initiated in person and I wouldn't have ever talked to them if it wasn't for that. I have seen both of them post on social media about how they are so bored and have nothing to do but then it takes them about 4 hours on average to respond to my texts. I really don't get what it is with people, if they don't like me or something then they don't even need to bother saying anything back. But the girl I am texting right now used to be all over me in person so I don't understand why she won't just talk to me like she would in real life. I am much more quiet in person so I actually feel like this situation should be the other way around.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2016, 10:32 am

Try to see that person in person again.

Robben
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Mar 2016, 1:31 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Try to see that person in person again.

That is what I am trying to do. And unfortunately it is just too complicated to coincidentally run into her in person. The only way we would ever see each other again is by planning it.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2016, 1:50 pm

This happened to me too a while ago. I had a bit of a long distance relationship after moving and the girl it was with only texted me first on one occasion that I remember. We ended up breaking up due to not having many things in common and we are still friends. As far as I can tell she did like me at the time, but I can't be 100% sure.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art