Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

arabian1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Mar 2016, 9:57 pm

I thought it would be fun to start a thread about predicting america's future ,starting with the upcoming election and beyond.here are some of my predictions
Hillary clinton and donald trump win their parties nominations.
Hillary defeats donald in the general election
The republican party splinters into two smaller parties . One a right wing populist party and the other more liberatarian.
Hillary is impeached over the recent scandel involving her emails and private server.

I hope these things dont happen. They are just my predictions.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2016, 11:42 pm

America will enter a period of internal political violence not seen since the Vietnam era. That era has been spun as flower children chanting. While there was plenty of that, I am bieng reminded of what I lived through by reading the book "President Nixon: Alone in the White House" there was widespread bombing of property, arson, siezing of campus buildings, deans held hostage etc.

More Trump rallies will be shut down but so will Clinton and Sanders rallies

If Trump does not got the majority of delegates by the time the convention opens he will not be allowed to win the nomination no matter how big his delegate lead.

Clinton wins a two way race but in a three way race Trump wins.

If Trump wins the wall will get built and Mexico pays for it after Trump threatens or attacks Mexico

Obamacare collapses with no agreement on a replacement.

Between internal political chaos, wave of jahidist terrorism, obamacare collapse a depression starts.
Massive to big to fail bailouts are attempted maybe it is enough to avoid a total collapse again but probably not.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

B19
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2016, 11:49 pm

Gun violence/murder by firearm will increase in number, occur more frequently and the death rate will exceed all previous records.

marcb0t
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2016, 11:53 pm

I am not God, so any prediction I make cannot be relied upon.

Something interesting to consider in terms of America's future, though:

Revelation 18:2-3 - And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, “Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird! For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury.”

A lot of people speculate this is talking about the United States in the end times. It would not surprise me if it's the case. But I can't say for sure. :?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2016, 11:54 pm

B19 wrote:
Gun violence/murder by firearm will increase in number, occur more frequently and the death rate will exceed all previous records.

Why? Homicide of all types is at a historic low point, and has been falling since the 90s.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2016, 3:57 am

Well, I'll try not to make *too* vague predictions... Anyone can do that... So, here are a few...

- Hillary Clinton will win the 2016 presidential election, mostly due to (1) an upsurge in Latino voters (which will secure her a crucial victory in Florida) and (2) a significant gender gap favouring the Democratic Party.

- Sri Srinivasan will be appointed as Associate Justice of the Supreme Court (perhaps not by Obama - thanks to McConnell and Grassley - but then Clinton will re-nominate him in 2017).

- The Supreme Court will get a semi-permanent Liberal majority, as a Democratic president gets to appoint at least three new justices in the next few years (the first being the replacement for Scalia, and Kennedy (age 79) and Ginsburg (age 82) will likely retire soon). This leaves only two adamant Conservatives (Alito and Thomas) in SCOTUS. Given the demographic changes in the US, the Conservatives will never again achieve the same influence over the court.

- Marijuana will be decriminalized (and subsequently legalized) as a corollary to a major criminal justice reform in the US.

- Capital punishment will be abolished in the US due to being ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.

- Markets will crash, crash. Financial empires will crumble, crumble...

- Nicky will come back from Maximum Security in Orange Is The New Black.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2016, 4:48 am

whichever candidate wins, the FEMA camps will likely be used. should the GOP win, PPACA and EMTALA will be scrapped with no replacements, by design. medical insurance market will crater due to death spiral [too many insufficiently wealthy sick chasing too few dollars, skyrocketing premiums out of reach of all but those who are too rich to need insurance]. rural hospitals starved of funding will shutter. needless to say the dollar will not be the reserve world currency any longer, as a critical mass of nations decide we are a bad risk due to our foolish fiscal policies. depression, again by design [fire sale for Richie rich who like to, in the words of Rockefeller, "buy when there's blood in the streets"]. speaking of blood, there will be dead people in the streets. epidemics will rage due to funding cuts for public health. there will be a population decline. the nation splits along sectarian lines, DC long having become irrelevant. the people who wanted smaller government got their wish, uncle sam having been replaced by many local tinpots and regional psychopathic tyrants. widespread martial law. anybody with any weapon will be shot on sight. widespread disease and starvation. crime will go through the roof to unimaginably horrific levels. massive rioting in the cities which will be brutally suppressed, hence the FEMA camps for the survivors. the return of widespread slavery/indentured servitude under especially brutal conditions, slaves "a dime a dozen" and commandeered work gangs routinely worked to death without food or medical attention. America will become an international pariah and quarantined. and this is even before the EMP [nuke] attack from north korea/china which will finish us off. sic transit Gloria. :skull: :ninja: :mrgreen:

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2016, 5:47 am

auntblabby wrote:
whichever candidate wins, the FEMA camps will likely be used. should the GOP win, PPACA and EMTALA will be scrapped with no replacements, by design. medical insurance market will crater due to death spiral [too many insufficiently wealthy sick chasing too few dollars, skyrocketing premiums out of reach of all but those who are too rich to need insurance]. rural hospitals starved of funding will shutter. needless to say the dollar will not be the reserve world currency any longer, as a critical mass of nations decide we are a bad risk due to our foolish fiscal policies. depression, again by design [fire sale for Richie rich who like to, in the words of Rockefeller, "buy when there's blood in the streets"]. speaking of blood, there will be dead people in the streets. epidemics will rage due to funding cuts for public health. there will be a population decline. the nation splits along sectarian lines, DC long having become irrelevant. the people who wanted smaller government got their wish, uncle sam having been replaced by many local tinpots and regional psychopathic tyrants. widespread martial law. anybody with any weapon will be shot on sight. widespread disease and starvation. crime will go through the roof to unimaginably horrific levels. massive rioting in the cities which will be brutally suppressed, hence the FEMA camps for the survivors. the return of widespread slavery/indentured servitude under especially brutal conditions, slaves "a dime a dozen" and commandeered work gangs routinely worked to death without food or medical attention. America will become an international pariah and quarantined. and this is even before the EMP [nuke] attack from north korea/china which will finish us off. sic transit Gloria. :skull: :ninja: :mrgreen:

auntblabby, Gloom and Doom is my line! What can I say, except for money becoming worthless, you nailed it.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2016, 6:44 am

On 3/14/2016 I predict:

-Trump wins the presidency.

- Trump wins with: white / men / religious voters / anti-illegal voters / "want change" voters / anti-tax voters

-labor unions will mostly abandon Democrats and support Trump (we will see Trump strong in Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana)

-Hillary's indictment will be presented to the Justice department - they will decline - however details will be leaked out - and Trump will air them in negative ads - giving Trump much ammunition against her - we will see ads with Hillary in a prison cell or behind prison bars

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2016, 11:17 am

auntblabby wrote:

Basically: the US descends into feudalism with local warlords ruling (like Europe in the Dark Ages). Interesting.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Mar 2016, 12:33 pm

to keep with the vibe

Seriously, it really depends on what type of leadership America elects for itself but there are still a lot of chickens that haven't came home roost yet so it's not looking good for the near future regardless, more bad decisions may compound the problem to the point of collapse.

marcb0t
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2016, 2:26 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Basically: the US descends into feudalism with local warlords ruling (like Europe in the Dark Ages). Interesting.

Except with this cool quasi cyber punk twist! 8)

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2016, 2:52 pm

Regardless of how US politics turns out over the next few years, one thing does seem likely. The supply of fresh water in the US has been dwindling for a long time now - enough that it may not be too long before there isn't enough to go around in many states. Maybe it's just because I'm over here in the UK, but I haven't yet heard any Presidential candidate propose a viable solution for this problem, nor who would bear the cost of any infrastructure improvements.

Seems rather worrying given how essential a resource it is.

(As for the other 30+ nations in "America", I'm less sure - one of them seems to dominate the UK media more than all the others combined! :wink: )

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2016, 3:17 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

I've long thought about how maybe today's brand of GOPer are reincarnated feudal lords from that era, in turn reincarnating as richies from the gilded age.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2016, 6:36 pm

I predict that a second civil war might break out due to the increased polarization and accusations of conspiracies, liberals against conservatives.

One thing is certain though, the next few years will be interesting.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2016, 6:49 pm

I wanna be someplace else when the $#!Ⱶ hits the fan. :skull: