For how many Years/Months/Days have you been on this site?

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

gooseman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2016, 9:16 pm

TheAP... I'm just curious but, are you one of the moderators on this site; from the few posts I've seen, you seem to be the first one to welcome new recruits and you're always super nice--qualities which I pray are in all mods.

Hey, ASPartOfMe... maybe you can help me out with this--you have any idea how many women are on this board? Until now, the only two that I've noticed are TheAP and Edenthiel... maybe one or two more, I'm not sure--sorry.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 10:50 am

gooseman wrote:
TheAP... I'm just curious but, are you one of the moderators on this site; from the few posts I've seen, you seem to be the first one to welcome new recruits and you're always super nice--qualities which I pray are in all mods.

Hey, ASPartOfMe... maybe you can help me out with this--you have any idea how many women are on this board? Until now, the only two that I've noticed are TheAP and Edenthiel... maybe one or two more, I'm not sure--sorry.

Thank you. No, I'm not a mod. I just like to welcome new members :)

There are quite a lot of women. A recent poll found 11 females, but there are more.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 11:37 am

I've been on WP for approximately 12 years. I've been here since July 17th, 2004.

gooseman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2016, 3:53 pm

Quote:
I've been here since July 17th, 2004.

Whaoh, that's a lot of posts!

TheAP, I noticed there were quite a few male members, here, even though I'd read that Aspergers is 3 times more likely to be present in women than men... I think it was Aspergers and not Borderline disorder, which I have (in addition). I was just curious what the ratio was, over here.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 4:31 pm

Are you sure you read that statistic right? Asperger's is actually much more common in males. From what I've heard, autism is four times as common in males than females, and the gap is even wider for high-functioning forms of autism. But the ratio on this site certainly does not reflect that.

gooseman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2016, 6:49 pm

You're absolutely right; just thought I'd google this stuff up:

http://www.autism.org.uk/about/what-is/gender.aspx

http://www.kennethrobersonphd.com/males ... -syndrome/

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

17 Mar 2016, 2:22 am

As of today.... 1312 days, or 3 years, 7 months, 4 days. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

gooseman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2016, 3:02 am

Everytime I see one of your posts, this thought always clouds my mind: who *is* that in your Avatar, and what is she holding in her hand??? Looks like a hat, or a cap... is she some sort of mercenary??

I never thought someone, let alone a cartoon character (is it alright if I refer to Anime as a cartoon?), could look that good with *green* hair, lol.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 8:07 am

gooseman wrote:
Quote:
Or:

- 26,870,400 seconds
- 447,840 minutes
- 7,464 hours
- 311 days
- 44 weeks and 3 days
- 85.21% of a common year (365 days)

That's it; you win!

Brainfre3ze_93, kraftiekortie... any tips for a newbie on this site?

Overall the site is welcoming, that being said the one sub-forum that I would caution about is the Political/Religion sub-forum. * it can at some times get pretty toxic, of course the same can be said for the topic IRL *If you've a opinion there that differs from the majority. Be prepare to defend it with well though out ideas, because logical fallacies will be quashed thoroughly. For example ad hominems often spell disaster for a topic. *I think you can imagined why?* Where chaos reigns over reason until the mods come by, and locked the topic to where no one can post at all. It doesn't happen often, but it can if the mods see only attacks. I'm not saying this from personal experience of having my topics locked by the way. I've been on the sub-forum, and have seen topics locked. By reading comments, and the responses I understood why the mods took the actions they did.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 8:14 am

9 years, 11 months and 4 days.

My 10 year anniversary of joining isn't far away 8)

gooseman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2016, 8:35 pm

So, you're gonna turn 10 this year... well, I'm already 3 day's old, so--yeah, I'm pretty small--no, wait, that's not what I mean...

Quote:
the one sub-forum that I would caution about is the Political/Religion sub-forum. * it can at some times get pretty toxic

What're you talking about? Some of the best, most educated, thought out discussions take place on those kinds of subs. It's just when people like me decide to get involved does the s**t start flying... your mother this, your mother that... damn do I miss those days!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 9:12 pm

I would say the man/woman ratio amongst regular posters is about 50/50, or maybe 60/40 in "favor" of men.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 10:21 pm

I forget. :scratch: :P

gooseman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2016, 1:24 am

Quote:
I would say the man/woman ratio amongst regular posters is about 50/50, or maybe 60/40 in "favor" of men

It would be interesting to know what a statistician made of this.

Hey MjrMajorMajor!

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 8:19 am

gooseman wrote:
So, you're gonna turn 10 this year... well, I'm already 3 day's old, so--yeah, I'm pretty small--no, wait, that's not what I mean...

Quote:
the one sub-forum that I would caution about is the Political/Religion sub-forum. * it can at some times get pretty toxic

What're you talking about? Some of the best, most educated, thought out discussions take place on those kinds of subs. It's just when people like me decide to get involved does the s**t start flying... your mother this, your mother that... damn do I miss those days!

riiiiiiiiight :roll:

gooseman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2016, 2:25 am

Quote:
riiiiiiiiight :roll:

Hey, buddy--you wanna take this outside?