I'm getting it eventually 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Not interested 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
What have you done to fighters NAMCO? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 12:32 pm

I get it, all video games are evil. :twisted: Pac-Man encourages gluttony and obesity by eating hundreds of tiny dots and blue ghosts, and the ghosts are really the "good guys". Maybe the dots are really their eggs, and they are chasing Pac-Man because they're trying to stop him before he eats all their unborn children. :lol:

Well, I saw that once in a webcomic, but who is to say it's canon?

My goodness, but the game protagonists that were popular when I was a kid were sooo cruel and EVIL! Dig Dug used to inflate his enemies with air until they burst like balloons, or he could just inflate them a little to stun them, which was still pretty nasty. Mario once captured Donkey Kong and locked him up in a cage to get revenge on him kidnapping Pauline, and only DK's poor infant son can save him. And then there's Sonic. In the first game his little animal friends hadn't really been cruelly imprisoned inside of robot machines. They were safe and protected by the robots, Sonic's smashing the robots was not him freeing the animals, but releasing them into a dangerous world full of metal spikes and lava. And notice how surprised Sonic looks in the "good" ending to the game when he gets all the Chaos Emeralds? It's because he wanted to use them for his own evil, selfish purposes, but they ended up floating away.

There may not have been any graphic blood and gore or swearing or mature sexual themes, but those game "heroes" sure were evil, no wonder I'm so messed up. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I don't really think the Goombas or most other enemies in the Super Mario franchise as being "dead", but sent to a special game-universe where they are healed and then they just come back to fight again.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 3:22 pm

xenocity wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
does this kill the SFV?

Not even comparable.

SF and Tekken are made for diehard fighter fans who want overly technical and complex fighting games.

Pokken is built on relatively simple battle mechanics that allows for complex combos.
The leveling system also plays a part in the game as it modifies character stats in 4 categories.

Pokken is a really fun game if you like Pokemon and fighters and own a Wii U.

The dumb thing is that SF is one of the LESS complex fighters out there; certainly the most popular (and it's somewhat well-balanced, well, compared to many others anyway). I say this as someone who has played the genre absolutely to freaking death. It's a bit too simple/slow for my tastes, still decent though. Of course, Capcom themselves on the other hand...

*ahem*

From what I've seen though Pokken looks decent, but... I'll probably refrain. No point, I'd never get anyone I know to touch it. I have enough trouble getting them to play anything else. Particularly recently, they'd rather just play Fallout over... and over... and over... and over... and over... I really hate Fallout.

They WILL however play the actual Pokemon games though. But I'm not far enough along in those to do competition yet.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 6:04 pm

Misery wrote:
xenocity wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
does this kill the SFV?

Not even comparable.

SF and Tekken are made for diehard fighter fans who want overly technical and complex fighting games.

Pokken is built on relatively simple battle mechanics that allows for complex combos.
The leveling system also plays a part in the game as it modifies character stats in 4 categories.

Pokken is a really fun game if you like Pokemon and fighters and own a Wii U.

The dumb thing is that SF is one of the LESS complex fighters out there; certainly the most popular (and it's somewhat well-balanced, well, compared to many others anyway). I say this as someone who has played the genre absolutely to freaking death. It's a bit too simple/slow for my tastes, still decent though. Of course, Capcom themselves on the other hand...

*ahem*

From what I've seen though Pokken looks decent, but... I'll probably refrain. No point, I'd never get anyone I know to touch it. I have enough trouble getting them to play anything else. Particularly recently, they'd rather just play Fallout over... and over... and over... and over... and over... I really hate Fallout.

They WILL however play the actual Pokemon games though. But I'm not far enough along in those to do competition yet.

I've been playing Pokken since launch and it is well worth the money and chock full of unlockables (sadly only the Mewtwos are the only unlockable characters).

I've only played single player mode and not even close to being done with it.

I hear the netcode and online mode are well done.

The game is really fun in a whimsical and stupid way like Mario Kart.
It is also well made.

To be fair I did plan to pay $60 for it but thanks to mPerks rewards I got it for ~$23 on launch day.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 9:39 pm

Eh, mostly I dont get into single-player modes for fighting games. Regardless of what people say about the AI in any particular fighter, I usually find it to be... just way too easy. It's not very bright. I dont get a challenge out of it. And I tend not to care about story mode crap or whatever any more than I do in any other genre, so I dont bother with anything of that nature. Mostly, the single-player content in a fighting game goes unplayed to the point where I'll often buy a new fighting game, but then take it over to a friend's house and just leave it there since I have no need for it at my place. Unlockables/achievements I usually dont bother with except from actual characters; anything else gets ignored. Achievements I dont bother with in ANY game, period. I always hated the whole idea of them.

And yes, there's internet play, but I find that's even worse. Most opponents are too easy (this is also why I've been branching out into other competitive genres lately, to get more challenge), but not just that, often really ANNOYING, since players tend to just copy other players rather than come up with their own tricks, and their attacks tend to get REALLY repetitive. It doesnt exactly add to the difficulty or fun. Also I'm impatient about waiting for matchmaking. I barely even put up with that when it comes to PC games. The *only* exceptions right now are Splatoon, and Plants VS Zombies Garden Warfare 2 on PC, and that's it, and matches in those are found quicker than in most games, but still makes me impatient. Those two are just so damn good though that I'm willing to deal with it.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 9:40 pm

Japanese people are so weird.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 11:42 pm

DailyPoutine1 wrote:

Er.... yay?

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 11:13 am

Pokken demo is out now in NA.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 10:21 pm

NPD leaks show that Pokken launch month sales are almost equal with SFV total sales in North America.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2016, 2:12 am

^ cool.

DailyPoutine1 wrote:

says the canadian. :)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.