Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 9:14 am

Cannot wait to find out!

"Don't forget to floss." - Darkwing Duck

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 9:27 am

Scuttlebutt says Merrick Garland... I had a lengthy post ready for Sri Srinivasan :evil:.

Predicting is hard work... Predicting the future is even harder...

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 9:29 am

I was expecting Srinivasan as well. I think it is still too early to tell.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 10:05 am

It's confirmed. It's Garland.

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 10:21 am

From what I see, he seems to have a lengthy jurisprudence.

He is tough on crime, and a strong believer in gun control laws.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

16 Mar 2016, 10:30 am

D.O.A.

Either Trump or Hillary will decide the next SCOTUS appointee

Obama would of been better off nominating a woman and/or minority so he could play the race/war on women card. This guy, another one of Obama's Harvard educated friends from Chicago is the perfect boogeyman to run against. Simply put, conservatives care way more about the court than anyone else since they are the most afraid of losing their rights. Nominate this guy and he'll try to reverse DC v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago, see how easy that is? Merrick Garland will join Homer Thornberry, Robert Bork, David Ginsberg, Harriet Maier as justices that never were. Obama is not very smart to pick somebody so anti-gun, this helps the GOP in November. It doesn't matter how 'moderate' he is on any other issue. I thought Obama was going to pick somebody that was going to be hard for the GOP to ignore? Someone like Brian Sandoval might have achieved that but this guy won't even get a hearing considered.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 11:00 am

He appears to generally take the side of the police against defendants, and the side of the federal government against businesses. So he's kind of a universal authoritarian.

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 11:22 pm

Garland, back when he was a prosecutor, had sent Timothy McVeigh to Hell. Good enough reason to put him on the court for me.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 2:05 am

Jacoby wrote:
D.O.A.

Either Trump or Hillary will decide the next SCOTUS appointee

Obama would of been better off nominating a woman and/or minority so he could play the race/war on women card. This guy, another one of Obama's Harvard educated friends from Chicago is the perfect boogeyman to run against. Simply put, conservatives care way more about the court than anyone else since they are the most afraid of losing their rights. Nominate this guy and he'll try to reverse DC v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago, see how easy that is? Merrick Garland will join Homer Thornberry, Robert Bork, David Ginsberg, Harriet Maier as justices that never were. Obama is not very smart to pick somebody so anti-gun, this helps the GOP in November. It doesn't matter how 'moderate' he is on any other issue. I thought Obama was going to pick somebody that was going to be hard for the GOP to ignore? Someone like Brian Sandoval might have achieved that but this guy won't even get a hearing considered.

Sandoval has said he isn't interested. Sad, because I think he would have been great.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 2:53 pm

Obama could nominate Jesus Christ for S.C. Justice and the Republican controlled Senate will stonewall the nomination.