mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 6:28 pm

Jacoby wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Since I don't live the the US, the two biggest things I'm worried about if Trump gets elected are the impact it'll have on US/Canada relations, and the impact it'll have on some of my friends, a number of whom rely on SSI and other public services. I'm not looking forward to the prospect of him being president.

That pipeline would get built, I don't don't see any reason why Trump should hurt Canadian relations other than Justin Trudeau going SJW on him.

Trump is the Republican talking about not cutting that stuff, the only one that has shown any reluctance to our belligerent forieign policy that makes us less safe and will leave us bankrupt.

I'm all for pipelines, I think they're a safer, more efficient method of transporting oil than trains.

Anyway I'm just saying that on a philosophical level, things are going to get ugly if Drumpf gets elected because of how diametrically opposed his policies are to Trudeau's. This worries me because I think Canada/US relations are an important thing, and we should both be striving to be on good terms with one another.

Anyway, as shocking as it may sound, I'm kind of starting to take a liking to Ted Cruz, after I heard about how he tore not only the Republican party, but the whole American political system, a new *insert crude term for orifice here*. :twisted: I mean, Bernie Sanders is still my favorite candidate platform wise, but Cruz has got some cojones.

If you guys are worried about Trudeau's relationship with the next US president then I would suggest voting differently in the next election, I'm not too worried about it on our end.

Cruz is an absolute snake, a very dirty politician who has accomplished nothing. He's been a climber since day one, he's stabbed everyone he ever allied with in the back once their relationship no longer suited him. Perhaps you're just bias for the fellow Canadian! :P

Possibly. Although to be technical he was never a Canadian citizen, he just happened to be born in Calgary to an American mother. Still, he's not my top choice for presidential candidate; Bernie Sanders is. Of course, my opinion doesn't really matter so much because I can't even vote in the US election. All I can do is tell my American friends to support the candidate I favor.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 6:26 pm

The way things are going i might have to vote for Hilary although shes not much better than Trump. :roll:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 6:28 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
The way things are going i might have to vote for Hilary although shes not much better than Trump. :roll:

now you're gettin' the hang of voting just for the lesser of two evils.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

24 Mar 2016, 6:32 pm

How is Hillary better than Trump?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 7:23 pm

Jacoby wrote:

she won't take away my affordable health care and make it impossible to find again in the future.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 7:30 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

she won't take away my affordable health care and make it impossible to find again in the future.

What health insurance do you have? Why would it be impossible to find again in the future?

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 7:33 pm

Jacoby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

What health insurance do you have? Why would it be impossible to find again in the future?

If he gets rid of the affordable care act then preexisting conditions come back. So a lot of people will become uninsurable again.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 7:34 pm

I'm for Trump just for the giggles. If he's elected I'll laugh at you all Americans :lol:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 7:47 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

If he gets rid of the affordable care act then preexisting conditions come back. So a lot of people will become uninsurable again.

Trump pretty explicitly said that he will NOT bring back preexisting conditions, he's also the only Republican not proposing to cut Medicare/Medicaid/or Social Security. Trump really isn't your typical Republican; he's actually said kind words about Medicare in Canada and the NHS in the UK, he's also questioned our level of involvement in NATO. This guy IS different.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 7:49 pm

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
I'm for Trump just for the giggles. If he's elected I'll laugh at you all Americans :lol:

"God watches out for drunks, fools, and the United States of America."

_______ Otto Von Bismark

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 8:14 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Trump pretty explicitly said that he will NOT bring back preexisting conditions, he's also the only Republican not proposing to cut Medicare/Medicaid/or Social Security. Trump really isn't your typical Republican; he's actually said kind words about Medicare in Canada and the NHS in the UK, he's also questioned our level of involvement in NATO. This guy IS different.

Trump just says what he knows his supporters want to hear. He has no realistic plans for practically anything. Trump is a salesman and nothing more.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 8:23 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
DailyPoutine1 wrote:

_______ Otto Von Bismark

What was the context of this statement?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 8:44 pm

beneficii wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
DailyPoutine1 wrote:

_______ Otto Von Bismark

What was the context of this statement?

Just sayin' that if we elect Trump we will somehow survive. Even as we become a laughingstock while being led by the clown with the bad hair.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 8:51 pm

Trump wins then Marine Le Pen wins, then Geert Willders wins, then Boris Johnson wins, there are others too

who will be laughing then?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 9:03 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

even so, without the exchange subsidies 10s of millions of americans now with affordable health care will no longer have it, with no alternatives on the horizon. I don't know anybody who could afford $500/month [the cost of my plan sans subsidies], and it was the cheapest plan available.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 9:26 pm

I don't know a ton of about the subsidies other than it has cost a lot more than they expected and that some people are paying an unacceptably high premium with a deductible so high they may as well not have insurance. Instead of paying off these insurance companies with subsidies from the federal government, if we opened them up to more market forces and they were forced to compete with each other for customers then naturally costs will go down and innovation up.

Trump is pretty strong on the issues Democrats like to hit Republicans the hardest on, he's even to the 'left' of Hillary when it comes to a number of issues. I think when people actually sit down and compare the candidates, it will be an easy choice and a landslide victory for Trump. Obamacare isn't anything special, the bulk of what Obama accomplished with Obamacare was Medicaid expansion to 20 million new people, it's a good and bad thing since some people are getting access to healthcare that they couldn't before the quality is dropping fast and the system is so overwhelmed at the moment.

I don't think the Medicaid expansion will be rolled back, I don't think pre-existing conditions will be brought back, I think the mandate and insurance bailout will be gone but good riddance. $500 being the cheapest plan is screwed up if you are mandated by law to purchase it.