nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Mar 2016, 2:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
Fnord wrote:
According to some celebrities' websites, people who live sad, lonely lives are the ones most likely to develop crushes on celebrities. My take is that many of their fans may have some kind of OCD going on. Who really knows? It's all conjecture.
I have a sad, lonely life and I don't develop crushes for celebrities. That's not a valid excuse for being a complete git.
As I said, who really knows? Some fans become real fanatics, going so far as to stalk their "crushes" and even invade their homes. That has to be some kind of an obsessive disorder, in my untrained opinion.
I had an obsessive disorder & was obsessed with both my ex girlfriends in addition to Miranda. I quit having obsessions thou after I started taking Neurontin for my OCD. Some obsessed fans & stalkers have a delusional disorder called Erotomania which is a delusion in which a person believes that another person (typically of higher social status) is in love with them. I don't think I ever had that because I've always been very painfully aware that Miranda doesn't even know I exist, yet. I developed a different delusional disorder related to Miranda thou called Persecutory. I believed something bad would happen to her like somebody would harm her. it quit 1ce I started taking Haldol.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition