Judge grants doctor-assisted death to Toronto man

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 11:35 am

CBC News: 81-year-old man with lymphoma in 'intolerable pain,' wants to end life before this weekend

Quote:
A.B. says he is bedridden and "suffering intolerable pain and distress that cannot be eliminated" despite receiving pain medication and other narcotics.

His wish to end his life is supported in affidavits from his wife and his daughter.

I love Canada.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 11:57 am

Okay two things,

Did your avatar just change like in the last ten minutes or am I just really freaking high?

Also, I see no problem with this if there is no drug to help his pain and if he is in a horrible state of mind. I wouldn't do it with him awake though, I'd just give him some pain meds, have him go to sleep and kill him with an overdose. Sounds cruel but if he wants it and is clearly of mental sound mind and is just in pain, give him what he want.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 12:02 pm

dcj123 wrote:
Did your avatar just change like in the last ten minutes or am I just really freaking high?

I changed it. I do that frequently.

Quote:
...I see no problem with this if there is no drug to help his pain and if he is in a horrible state of mind. I wouldn't do it with him awake though, I'd just give him some pain meds, have him go to sleep and kill him with an overdose. Sounds cruel but if he wants it and is clearly of mental sound mind and is just in pain, give him what he want.

I'm not sure how the procedure works, but I would imagine they would make it as peaceful as they can. I think people have a right to assisted suicide for things that can't treated as is the case with this man. Everybody dies, we should have the right to deal with our end of life as we choose.