Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

RaspberryFrosty
Toucan
Toucan

17 Mar 2016, 8:38 pm

Apologies if this is the wrong forum and if it is, please move it to the correct one.

I just saw a psychologist yesterday and after interviewing me, I was told that the best option that would help my specific issues (I have a nonverbal learning disability) would be neurofeedback. I'm uncertain as to how it would help but from what I got out of the conversation, my processing speed and working memory would improve as well as any issues with anxiety and depression I have. I'm trying to find information about neurofeedback in regards to spatial problems, as issues with visuospatial processing are very common in NLD, but I can't seem to find much on it.

Does anyone here have had success with neurofeedback or does anyone know how it might help visual processing deficits?

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 10:32 pm

I didn't have much success with it, but it wasn't adequately explained to me. I could see it being beneficial similar to mindfulness meditation. The results aren't immediately, but are noticeable over time.

RaspberryFrosty
Toucan
Toucan

17 Mar 2016, 10:57 pm

Do you have NLD as well? I'm sorry that that it didn't work for you. :/