Posting a non-cynical opinion on L&D...

Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 7:42 pm

She has, definitely, stated that Aspies "should not pollute the gene pool."

Definitely.

I wouldn't be saying it if it wasn't true.

She does give good advice at times; but her feelings about Aspies kind of ruin it.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 7:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Definitely.

She does give good advice at times; but her feelings about Aspies kind of ruin it.

I guess it was removed and therefore not the sort of post I'm talking about. Things that are clearly insulting are clearly insulting. Other posts of hers have been interpreted a lot more negatively than they needed to be. Plenty of them.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 7:55 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Definitely.

I guess it was removed and therefore not the sort of post I'm talking about. Things that are clearly insulting are clearly insulting. Other posts of hers have been interpreted a lot more negatively than they needed to be. Plenty of them.
It's ok to be wrong sometimes, you know..

You do have a good point though, yellow, which is to consider the advice even if we dislike the speaker or the viewpoint. I guess this applies to those who have taken to negatively receiving the OP and vice versa.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 8:02 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Definitely.

It's ok to be wrong sometimes, you know..

Was that to me? Not sure what I'm wrong about? If I am I'm glad to admit it, I am wrong quite often :P

I said a few post back that maybe Katy did say that, I'm not denying that she did. All these posts I'm making here are about interpreting messages in negative ways when they don't need to be, and it's not helpful. Katy has said plenty of things that don't fall into that category, else she wouldn't keep getting banned. By all means disregard bad advice! But she has said plenty of things also that do fall into this category. To say that everything Katy says should be disregarded because she sometimes says clearly insulting things is basically going against my original quote of "Don't disregard good advice just because you don't like the source".

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 8:05 pm

Confession time.

I quite like being wrong.

Which is good since I usually am.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 8:08 pm

To be clear: To compare the OP's posts to the posts a particular member makes that gets her banned seems really unfair and I'm not doing that. I'm not referring to those posts when I talk about misinterpreting people's words.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 8:13 pm

Someone who unapologetically disregards the rules multiple times should not be cited as a positive example in order to win an unnecessary, and weak debate that didn't need to happen. Your comments were already sound, in my humble opinion. No need to derail this any further.

Crypto, any thoughts?

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 8:15 pm

WTF was this thread about?

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 8:17 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
To be clear: To compare the OP's post to the posts a particular member makes that gets her banned seems really unfair and I'm not doing that. I'm not referring to those posts when I talk about misinterpreting people's words.

Yeah, the piling on of anyone who tries to present a positive perspective or advice that is genuinely intended to be helpful in this forum is getting out of control. People get so buried in their own negativity that they can't see how they are projecting it all over the place and end up targeting people who are just trying to talk to them because they perceive everything coming at them as contemptuous/abusive even when it's obviously not. It's sad because it creates this self-perpetuating cycle of negativity. I don't think the suggestion of trying to remain positive (in any circumstance) should be thought of as somehow radical or even as some kind of attack. Some people have found that embracing a positive attitude works for them and they are trying to share that--why is that so wrong? Isn't that the whole point of this sub-forum in the first place? :|

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 8:17 pm

Sorry, I just felt that I was being misinterpreted and wanted to be clear on that point. Carry on :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2016, 1:37 am

Yellow, do we think all us guys are inventing this about her? Why don't you believe me?
Yes, she said that.

You can't find them because they delete them, plus she has 1000+ different usernames.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2016, 2:08 am

Here:

Quote:
2. There are 3.5 billion women on the planet. Bob is still a virgin. Either all females on Earth got together and collectively agreed to never, ever date or have sex with him OR Bob's behavior results in no woman on Earth wanting to have sex with him. The former is pretty darn close to logistically impossible, so the latter's the case.

https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopi ... 0&start=30

Again, it's something she said it billion of times.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2016, 2:10 am

CryptoNerd wrote:
Why does it arouse such an angry reaction from some people? In my many years of dealing with repeated failures and lost opportunities with women, as well as some life-changing experiences, I've learned to be optimistic about my situation and my ability to improve, and I've learned to be optimistic about other aspies' chances of making their romantic situations better, and what do I get for it? A backlash from the aspie community. Some people, it seems, don't want to improve their romantic success.

You haven't offered any advice to improve it. Wishful thinking won't change anything. It only makes it worse, because it makes you depressed everytime you fail. We have to accept that it's difficult to find real love and many, if not most, may never find it. When you accept that you may not succeed whatever you do, only then you can really try to find someone and not get hurt if you fail.

CryptoNerd wrote:
They would rather find excuses. Like "The alpha males are monopolizing the pretty girls." or "I can't lose my virginity because I'm a virgin." None of these statements are true.

I don't think anyone said these things.

CryptoNerd wrote:
Now I can't say I know that much about dating. I'm not a very successful person myself. But I'm learning, and I take every failure as a learning experience, another step towards getting the girl of my dreams. I don't make excuses. I used to make excuses, like "Girls like as*holes.", "Aspie males can't get girls.", etc., but I'm past that point now, and I'm looking forward to a more positive and overall better future. I suffer from a lot of mental conditions, including bipolar I and schizoaffective; I've burnt a lot of bridges with my bizarre and erratic behavior that results not just from AS but from all my other co-morbid conditions. It's been hard for me especially. But I'm certain that I'll make it and get what I yearn for, if I just work hard enough. And the same is true for the rest of you. Don't make excuses. You can do it.

You don't know if they can or not. There's plenty of older people who tried to date but failed everytime. It's naive to say that there's someone for everyone. Some will succeed and some never will. That's life.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Mar 2016, 3:20 am

314pe wrote:
CryptoNerd wrote:
They would rather find excuses. Like "The alpha males are monopolizing the pretty girls." or "I can't lose my virginity because I'm a virgin." None of these statements are true.

I don't think anyone said these things.
I seen those things in here & the Adult section.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CryptoNerd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Mar 2016, 11:54 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
You might not feel that you are bitter about yor past experiences but it still feels like you have a complex when you post, aimed at the very people in the same disposition as you. As far as I see it you're bitter, but channelling it indirectly as to better deal with it.

I don't see where Outrider denied you yourself were suffering in any particular way. He just agreed with me that you need to talk to your fellow man in a way that at least indicates you can relate to them.

When you thought I was romantically successful, you guys thought I was being arrogant and feeling superior. Now that I've said I'm not successful, you think I'm bitter. Why do people assume that if a guy is romantically unsuccessful, that automatically means he's bitter? I hate this attitude; it's an attitude that just perpetuates this stereotype of aspie males as misogynist Nice Guy™ types.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2016, 12:06 pm

^ Not only that, people, and especially women, would quickly assume you're "sexually frusturated" because you said you're virgin.
I have experienced that first hand when I was virgin.