Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

duck12
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Mar 2016, 3:16 pm

I have been having a hard time with my life lately. My Aspergers has really been causing a lot of negative effects, especially since the turn of this year. There have also been things not attributed to Aspergers that have contributed to it as well. Let me explain, I lost my job in February due to a back injury, and I ended up on workmen's compensation for it, which I still have today. I have tried in vain to get my cashiering position to get me a light duty position (since that's all I can do) but yet they insist in telling me they don't have anything I can do that won't injure my back. When I injured it, I was lifting a 24pk of water and pulled it out. I have a longstanding history of Kyphosis and postural problems, and an orthopedist I went to a while back said its a permanent condition, but I will be able to live a decent life with it. Thing is, I cannot find another job as my AS prevents me from doing optimal enough in interviews to get a job most people my age do these days, which is something other then retail which I worked at up until my injury. I have been going to physical therapy for several weeks, and my physical therapist is telling me the same thing, no more cashiering period, even if my doctor releases me back to full duty and closes my compensation claim. This has left me frustrated and at a loss as to what to do next. As for other areas of my life, I have been severely depressed due to having hardly any social life, being bullied constantly by people who seem to want to pick fights with me randomly for no apparent reason (like one instance where a now former friend threatened to call the police on me because he claimed I was harrassing him by NOT contacting him, which is absolutely ridiculous),and just people trying to pry out my business and what I am doing, which is also unacceptable, and also being overwhelmed, unorganized, and having hardly any time available for schoolwork due to the fact I have to take care of myself and do all aspects of daily living plus school, and trust me it gets exhausting. I want to improve my life but everytime I try to, there's always some sort of negative drawback bringing it back down. Does anyone have advice? I am very close to giving up, not with life, but with trying.