Anyone else have a high pain tolerance?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Giovanni012
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 May 2016, 9:56 am

Abyssalrider wrote:
My worst injuries are from mountain bike crashes on pavement, in particular two of them. One in September 2013, the other in June last year.

2013's
^Hard to believe that's from a bike crash isn't it?^

Last years Rematch (kept me from swimming in the local swimming spot for 2 weeks)

Man, that sucks, looks like it hit your eyelid in the first one (owch), and the second one seems like it burned bad . I think you need to improve your cycling some.

Abyssalrider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 May 2016, 10:02 am

Giovanni012 wrote:
Man, that sucks, looks like it hit your eyelid in the first one (owch), and the second one seems like it burned bad . I think you need to improve your cycling some.

the one from 2013 I was sprinting on my bike, and went over a section of the pavement that was lower than the surrounding area, the result had more injuries than just those on my face. I actually hit the ground hard enough to bend the back rim and rear fork, so i had to replace the bike as a result. As for the one last year that was from changing my bike tires to street tires and taking a turn to fast over a dirt covered area of the parking lot outside of the local swimming spot, my right shin looked almost just as bad. But the crazy part is I've had worse.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2016, 8:56 pm

I've been told by some people that I have a high threshold to pain, but I don't think I really do. Maybe it just looks that way to other people.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 6:01 pm

Hell no. I wish I did.

I can tolerate pain pretty well if its short duration. Also, if I'm extremely pissed off and full of adrenaline I won't feel anything. I got punched in the nose once and there was blood everywhere but I didn't really feel anything.

Long duration pain will drive me batty though. I hate it. Can't enjoy anything, can't think or concentrate, can't do much of anything when I'm in pain.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 9:17 am

I don't know how high my pain tolerance is because I am seldom in pain like such. I know that the last painful thing I went through was my wisdom teeth extraction which was pretty painful. I stopped taking the strong meds they gave me after 3 days because they gave me nightmares o_o I did take the regular pain pills semi regularly though. There are other things but they don't really count since they are unavoidable.