Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 10:10 am

We eat Chinese food for Christmas is one of my favorite comedy songs.

Another coalary law
It's kosher if it's in Chinese food.

Parallel story told by an acquaintance in my early years of comedy.
His grandmother would sprinkle raisins around the house. They were "Left" by the Easter Bunny.
Later that morning Granny served the kids .... Don't get ahead of me
RAISIN BRAN.

"If we can't laugh at ourselves, others will beat us to it."

slave
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 12:27 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
slave wrote:
drlaugh wrote:
Black Friday sales have nothing on
The Door opener we celebrate on Sunday.

He is Risen indeed.

The Easter Bunny is RISEN :?: :!: :?: :!:

I had no idea 8O :!:

My dad used to make a loaf of bunny shaped bread each Easter along with more traditional breads. And bless it with the rest. And then crack endless jokes about it being Risen...

LOLOL!! !!
sounds like fun! :D

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 12:41 pm

drlaugh wrote:

We eat Chinese food for Christmas is one of my favorite comedy songs.

Another coalary law
It's kosher if it's in Chinese food.

Parallel story told by an acquaintance in my early years of comedy.
His grandmother would sprinkle raisins around the house. They were "Left" by the Easter Bunny.
Later that morning Granny served the kids .... Don't get ahead of me
RAISIN BRAN.

Ha!

Every year an office I worked in would put out those reindeer made of bent willow twigs in the lobby for Xmas. And every year I'd put a small pile of chocolate covered raisins behind/below where each one was standing...

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 12:46 pm

Cash__ wrote:
Awesome! Lets celebrate the resurrection of a jewish man by eating ham!

Odd - that's something I never researched or came across in my lessons. When *did* the Jewish prohibition on ham - which Jesus would've followed - get dropped? I'm assuming it was one of those crazy Councils in the first few hundred years...don't think it was Nicaea but I could be wrong, it's been a while. It's of particular interest to me since so many modern Christians drop that prohibition but try to use others in Deuteronomy and Leviticus to demonize and condemn LGBT people, without a consistent argument to back the cherry picking.

(cracks open some old leather bound books...)

slave
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 1:01 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
Cash__ wrote:

Odd - that's something I never researched or came across in my lessons. When *did* the Jewish prohibition on ham - which Jesus would've followed - get dropped? I'm assuming it was one of those crazy Councils in the first few hundred years...don't think it was Nicaea but I could be wrong, it's been a while. It's of particular interest to me since so many modern Christians drop that prohibition but try to use others in Deuteronomy and Leviticus to demonize and condemn LGBT people, without a consistent argument to back the cherry picking.

That they cherry-pick texts that 'support' their hatred of LGBTQ individuals is their way of manifesting the unconditional Love of God on the Earthly plane.
SARC/

Of course, when you remind them that....paraphrased~~~>'If a man says he loves God and hates his brother, he is a LIAR'..........they don't like that very much :roll:

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 1:23 pm

Yes leave your offering at the altar -go to your Brother.

It's good to read the whole book(s) 66 of them.

Do some of your like what Ebby said to Bill Wilson after arguing/discussing for what some say was 6 or 7 hours ... " why don't you choose a higher power of your understanding?"

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 1:55 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
Cash__ wrote:

I seriously doubt that it happened that way. It wasnt like the Nicene Council deciding on a creed, and then proclaiming it.

At just after the dawn of Christianity when the flock numbered only in the 100's the early Apostles fought it out, and finally agreed that was okay to allow in male converts without forcing them to get circumcisions.

From that moment on the Gentile converts flowed in, and the Jewish tribal laws went out the window, and Judaism and Christianity began to move their seperate ways.

At this early stage food rules were probably also quietly waived for Gentile converts. So by the Second Century, when Christians numbered in the millions, most Christians were Gentile converts from the length of the Mediterranean who had never heard of nor had ever participated in Jewish kosher laws. So by the time Christianity was made official in the Roman Empire by Constantine there was probably no need to repeal any prohibition on pork because most Christians had probably never lost their pork eating habits.

However most Christians in Middle East today DO avoid eating pork even though the New Testament doesnt forbid it. Pork hatred is part of the culture there. Kinda like how Jews tend to succumb to eating bacon in the West.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 2:01 pm

Maybe around the time Acts of the Apostles became popularized?

Acts 10:9-16 wrote:
9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 2:08 pm

That IS interesting.^

God actually came down and said to the Jewish apostle Paul "screw being kosher!".

So Paul went ahead and ordered ham on his pizza at the roadside deli in Italy on the way to Rome?

Like I said...Interesting.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 24 Mar 2016, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 2:21 pm

Who has risen? Could it finally be the dark lord Cthulhu has come to take his rightful place as the overlord! :twisted:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 3:08 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
God actually came down and said to the Jewish apostle Paul "screw being kosher!".

That or he was having a Snickers-moment hallucination. In that case we're all going to hell for eating treif.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Mar 2016, 3:24 pm

Cthulhu? Lots of sushi, yay! :mrgreen:

Seafood (not fish) was also Forbidden, now we can celebrate with calamari!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 4:09 pm

Can a mod come in and delete this :oops:

Duplicate post.

Danke

Last edited by drlaugh on 24 Mar 2016, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 4:10 pm

Since I've been a fan of anime I thought I would share a simple Acts in 3 minutes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 4:59 pm

^^^that edumacational video is excellent :wtg:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 5:17 pm

^It is quite informative.

My bad. It was Peter, not Paul, who had the vision of unclean animals ( ie God telling him to ignore Kosher laws).

That moment WAS a "game changer" : causing Christianity to evolve from a small rogue sect of Judaism to becoming a whole separate religion.