Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

tatals
Raven
Raven

23 Mar 2016, 9:44 am

I just came across this picture and I was wondering if it may be helpful. I myself tend to describe feelings using the basics - happy, sad, angry -, but maybe I'll start trying to be more specific.

tatals
Raven
Raven

23 Mar 2016, 9:46 am

Sorry, apparently I couldn't succesfully embed the picture. Here's the link: http://postimg.org/image/vxi2vhthd/

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 1:32 pm

Thanks for the link, tatals.

I have quite strong alexithymic traits - identifying my own emotions is very difficult for me, sometimes. But I often recognise them more easily if I see a written example of the feeling, or analyse the words that might describe it. The wheel could be a very useful tool for me to focus on my emotion by narrowing down the words step-by-step. Thanks again!

tatals
Raven
Raven

23 Mar 2016, 9:04 pm

That's great, Trogluddite! I'm glad it can ben helpful for someone besides me.

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 10:06 pm

Thank you for posting that, tatals. I am happy/optimistic/inspired! :wink:

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

Xochitl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2016, 12:24 am

Oh wow, this is exactly what I needed actually, I too usually just describe them as "happy/sad,etc".
I have a daughter, who is NT and it has been hard teaching her different ways to describe her feelings because I don't know how, so this will also come in handy for her.