Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 5:51 pm

Yesterday I walked in my local towns cemetery (to visit my grandmas grave). I walked past this plot that was dug up (being prepared for a funeral/burial). I was thinking if you were stupid enough to jump into a dug up grave plot what kind of trouble might you get into?

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 6:03 pm

Lol

If you can't climb out you would have to yell and then some grizzled man would come and look at you like you are crazy, then help you out while saying denigrating things to you :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 6:08 pm

I think that would be a stupid thing to do.

Why would you do that?

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 6:12 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Yesterday I walked in my local towns cemetery (to visit my grandmas grave). I walked past this plot that was dug up (being prepared for a funeral/burial). I was thinking if you were stupid enough to jump into a dug up grave plot what kind of trouble might you get into?

You should do this.

They dig graves with cool wee JCB things, and you could get them to lower it's wee arm with the shovel on the end, and get a hoisty from it out of the grave.

Sounds like a most excellent adventure to me.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 6:14 pm

Jamesy wrote:

You'd probably be in 24 hours psych hold pending evaluation and ultimately you would end up in a psych ward at best or a state hospital at worse. You might also be charged with trespassing but they won't take you to jail if the psych stuff happened but they would arrest you on discharge. Been there done that, psych wards visits can and frequently do end up as jail visits. I have also seen a judge in a psych ward before and they normally decide if they can just go ahead and take you to jail.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 6:18 pm

dcj123 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

You'd probably be in 24 hours psych hold pending evaluation and ultimately you would end up in a psych ward at best or a state hospital at worse. You might also be charged with trespassing but they won't take you to jail if the psych stuff happened but they would arrest you on discharge. Been there done that, psych wards visits can and frequently do end up as jail visits. I have also seen a judge in a psych ward before and they normally decide if they can just go ahead and take you to jail.

Dude I live in England not the U.S.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 7:00 pm

Why would you want to do a thing like that?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2016, 7:46 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Why would you want to do a thing like that?

Would not want to but just curious if I would get into trouble if I did?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Mar 2016, 10:12 pm

Some people might laugh & others might get mad & tell you to get the F out of there & leave.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 2:36 am

you should bid farewell to any loved ones first.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 5:02 am

By law, cemetary workers are not allowed to retrieve anything from graves.

A person found messing around in a dug-out grave would be retrieved by police and charged with desecration.
Remember, a proportion of graves already contain a dead body (they're redug to add a husband, wife or child) so you could find a rather nasty surprise at the bottom.

Most excavated graves are covered soon after digging to avoid people falling into them and as a sign of respect.