Does anyone not want friends in real life?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

MaxwellS
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Mar 2016, 7:05 am

I am at college currently. Many times, people from my high school greet me, and wave to me. It is all great, but there is one aspect to this. I don't want friends.

If I want a friend, I can go on the internet. I just have very little interest in making friends in real life. I just want to be alone, at the computer, writing stories or something.

Someone wanting to be my friend very badly can creep me out. Being forced to be friends with someone can creep me out too.

So, I prefer to be alone, instead of being a social butterfly. Can anyone relate?

terri_bick
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Mar 2016, 8:07 am

Yes! Exactly how I feel. Friendships I do not get at all, it just seems a lot of work when I am not interested in others. My sister says this is rude, but I don't see how it is? But then again, she is a social butterfly though.

AusWolf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Mar 2016, 9:02 am

I can relate. I have one or two friends, but not because I wanted them. It just happened. It's nice to talk to them sometimes, but it's not like we're bff's or something. Our paths are going to take very different turns soon as we're all leaving university in a few months, and I don't feel bad about it. Friends come and go all the time, so I never grow very close to them, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I tend to call them "buddies" instead of friends for this reason.

Also, I'm not going to have any friends when I move overseas to my girlfriend, but that's fine because she is the best and only friend I really need.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 9:14 am

I always want friends, but when I have a friend I usually don't like to be with that person. I like to be alone and do my own thing.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 10:01 am

I'm happy without friends (and I love writing stories too!)

DaughterOfAule
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Mar 2016, 10:59 am

I don't care to have friends, but I have one friend I do care about. She understands that I don't message/communicate too often. We have a good bit in common so its nice when we do hang out.

To quote Sherlock: "I don't have friends. I've just got one." :)

Also, people seem to figure out real quick that I don't really talk enough for them and they give up. If you don't know me you'd think I was almost mute, if you do know me you'd think I hardly ever shut up :P

"I do not wish to evade the world
Yet I will forever build my own" - Tuomas Holopainen

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 11:07 am

I have learned through all the negative social interactions that I have had that friends are over rated. I actually like isolation and I get more done that way, I have isolating for 6 months and I great. I go back to college soon but I am not talking to a soul there. I don't care at this point but I might date in college if I find someone I don't think is a complete idiot.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 12:37 pm

<--- Thinks it'd be nice to have friends in real life.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2016, 1:39 pm

I don't want friends IRL, I never did. I've always wanted to spend my time on my interests and my family (and pets when I had them).

Having people drop by or call is just stressful (and the despite it never happening all that often to start with), and I hate when suggestions are made impulsively to do something then and there. For me, the time I have spent with them though not miserable, was better spent on my own TBH. I have never met anyone I'd rather be with in my spare time than immerge myself in my interests.
I've never been at home with my interests wishing I'd been out with friends, but I have been with people wishing I could just go home and read or otherwise do my interest.
The effort and time needed for friends isn't worth it to me. Besides loved ones, I'm a natural loner.

I much prefer online contact that I can go seek out when I wish to and have the energy for it and avoid when I need or want to. I'm not very social.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765