Substitute Teacher arrested for beating autistic student

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 9:49 pm

Although my face looks like it has another painted in the closet
I went to school in the 50's.

Other than a 4th grade teacher that couldn't handle my disorganized organized mind, it was good.
Jr high was awful.
H. S. I hid in Biology and a smile.
Though I didn't use drugs my nervous giggle had folks wondering.

My brain makes enough to keep me smiling, without the nervous giggling today. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 10:37 pm

elementary school was awful for me, they always paddled me and yelled at me and sent nasty letters home to my parents telling them to punish me for various reasons.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 1:08 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
When I essentially "served time" in special ed for the first few years of public school, I was one day doing the class assignment, which was copying sentences written on the blackboard, when the teacher came up behind me, and shrilled, "You're writing it backward!" while pulling me by my hair. Yes, I did write it down backward for some reason, but I hardly think I deserved to have my hair yanked by that harpy. It could have been worse: plenty of my friends in class had been dragged out into the hall by the same teacher, and spanked. That mercifully never happened to me.

that teacher was lucky she never encountered an angry parent with influence.

Thing is, back in those days, teachers could get away with crap like that, as physical punishment was considered something they could deal out to their students.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 1:27 am

^^^the dark ages, AFAIC :x

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 3:14 am

I am happy I did have teacher that cared but few of them I had didn't and my school principal didn't care either and the special ed teacher didn't like me. I didn't get along with my speech therapist or occupational therapist when I was in 6th grade.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 5:58 am

Swatz and the paddle went across board.
Pun intended.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 8:28 am

Other than gym class, everyone left me alone. There was one teacher (ironically, his parents lived up the street from me) who was of the opinion that students have no rights. Then again, knowing his parents, I'm surprised he even became a teacher, since his parents, especially his father, was a nastier SOB than him.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 5:29 pm

During my HS years, many people left me alone, given that I attended an alternative school for my HS years. Outside of class, all I wanted was to fit in and win over a pretty girl, but thankfully nothing happened because she was part of the "popular crowd" and I was a social misfit.

On another note, another of my old teachers from HS also believed that students with special needs have no rights. Thankfully, this b***h was re-assigned to another school shortly before my senior year.