Page 5 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Asple Pie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Feb 2021, 10:10 pm

It would be very difficult, I would hate every moment of it and would be living for the moment I could escape. But I would do it for that amount of money. I've lived through things like that in my past, endured extended periods of time with no escape, and have survived, for no money, so I would definitely do it for that much.

.... which explains why I've always felt a bit odd.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2021, 10:33 pm

in the process of earning that 65 million large, i'd just dwell upon feeling of how good it'd feel to finally be toolin' 'round in that mint-condition '93 cadillac sedan deville that i'd get with the moolah.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2021, 11:36 pm

I'd still choose to do the same thing if the pandemic wasn't going on.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 2:14 am

auntblabby wrote:
that is because those lotto winners were not prepared, they had no coaches in their corner with their best interest at heart. tragic. i can tell you for a GD certain fact that THIS lotto winner WOULD be prepared.

I didn't win a lottery; I received an inheritance in five figures, Canadian. I had had years to prepare, and I have always been good with money. When I received it, I was completely disoriented. I was smart enough to try to buy gold at a historic low, but not to know how to do it. I was initially quite panicked about losing everything to some trick, but I still made some very foolish investments involving other people, fortunately small. Partly due to the stress, within a year I had moved a thousand miles (exactly!) away from all my friends to a place where I will never fit in. I had imagined that a small injection of capital would revitalize my career; instead, I never worked in my vocations again.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 2:18 am

if i had gotten a windfall in young adulthood, i would have seen a certified pro to arrange things to where i'd never have to financially worry again. for their standard 3% cut they will do that for one. i would then have become a philanthropist after buying myself a clifftop abode [a little glorified shack, really] overlooking the ocean, and a mint-condition '93 cadillac deville [always LOVED that car which rode over the bumps like a boat on the waves].

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 2:30 am

^^I only had one short ride in a Citroen with the hydraulic suspension. The driver exited the highway at about 45 MPH (72 kph) to a gas station with a gravel yard. He aimed the passenger side wheels straight for a huge pothole and I braced for impact. I felt nothing at all.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 2:37 am

did the same thing in a cadillac of the aforementioned vintage, it was like a big slow wave on the sea. those slow suspension settings made all bumps either disappear or turn into slow ocean waves. anyways, i bet the pilot of that citroen had a big grin on his face.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 3:00 am

I would do it for free if the trip was all expenses paid. 65 Mill would be a nice bonus, though. 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 3:03 am

sheet, i'd do it just for the aforementioned pink cadillac.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 3:51 am

65 million Pound Sterling. Thats about 130 million dollars.

Would I pay 130 million to go on a vacation to Ibiza, and party each night?

Oh!

The question is "would I spend a week in Ibiza if someone paid ME 130 million dollars?"

Sure. Why not?