Do black folks commit crime & get shot because they want to?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 6:57 pm

I've heard all kinds of excuses that pertain to black people committing crime. I don't believe any of it.

For sure, I believe that white people commit crime because they want to.

[message redacted]

Last edited by Adamantium on 27 Mar 2016, 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.: racist content

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 6:59 pm

ABANDON THREAD!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 7:01 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
ABANDON THREAD!

No, I'm big on responsibility.

White people are sometimes criminal scum because they like it. They must find it attractive. I can't tell you the druggie white criminal scum I've known that are that way because they are benighted and know no different.

It isn't to do with luck that black people, or Muslims, like being criminals. Why is it?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 7:05 pm

People are criminals for similar reasons, no matter their ethnicity or race.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 7:08 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
People are criminals for similar reasons, no matter their ethnicity or race.

Well, yes, I agree with you.

I asked my brother why he takes drugs, and he agrees with me that he takes drugs because he wants to. He's white, by the way. He steals from me. I assume he does that because he wants to, as well.

Now, why are some ethnic minorities over-represented in the criminal scum stakes?

Clearly it's not to do with the colour of their skin.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 7:09 pm

I assume that some Muslims gang-rape children and some Nigerians scam people because they want to, as well.

Clearly not all Muslim men in Britain are paedophile rapists, not all Nigerians are scammers, not all English football fans are hooligans (well, up until the 2000s), and not all 1970s British TV hosts are paedophiles.

But there is a correlation there.

Why?

Jews are known for being solid financially, Chinese are known for being well-behaved (when they're not pooing on monuments), Indians are known for being upwardly-mobile.

Last edited by Tequila on 25 Mar 2016, 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 7:10 pm

It's great to know there are still plenty of racist people in the world. :roll:
Seriously, your attitude is not needed here on WP. Reported.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 7:14 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
It's great to know there are still plenty of racist people in the world. :roll:
Seriously, your attitude is not needed here on WP. Reported.

I am only asking this: what determines some people's outlook on the world?

We can blame rap music, peer pressure, religion, lifestyle.

But I am only asking what determines some groups to be more associated with some basis in others? Is it based in fact?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 7:16 pm

Generally speaking lower income, and lack of education means the person is more likely to commit crime. However not all people in that situation are committing crime.

The reasons for crime persisting:

1. Pathological issues
2. Culture of crime
3. Deprivation
4. High levels of corruption

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 7:18 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Generally speaking lower income, and lack of education means the person is more likely to commit crime. However not all people in that situation are committing crime.

The reasons for crime persisting:

1. Pathological issues
2. Culture of crime
3. Deprivation
4. High levels of corruption

So, it's kind of a thing where if all your friends and family are doing it, you'd be more susceptible to it? Now that does explain it some of time, but not all of the time.

I think there are a mixture of reasons, but I wanted to know why it happens more with some people than others.

I mean, with my brother, some of his friends do drugs, but none of our family does it. He chooses his friends, and I think he does it because he wants to.

Maybe some people mix in that milieu, some people do it because they want to, and some people are susceptible to corruption.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 7:21 pm

Of course, if everybody around you is a criminal NO MATTER WHAT RACE, CREED, ETC., you'll probably be influenced to be a criminal, too. You would have no other role models to "look up to."

Charles Manson is a criminal. He's white. His mother didn't exactly set a good example. Neither did other people who took care of him. He became a criminal because of his environment.

If a black person is raised in an intellectual environment, it is very likely that he/she will become an intellectual, too. If his parents spoke Boston Brahmin, he will probably speak Boston Brahmin, too--not "ebonics." This is despite what is often portrayed on TV. A person's immediate environment growing up is of the utmost importance.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 25 Mar 2016, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 7:25 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Of course, if everybody around you is a criminal NO MATTER WHAT RACE, CREED, ETC., you'll probably be influenced to be a criminal, too. You would have no other role models to "look up to."

I've tied myself in knots on this question.

And I've been drinking.

I'll have to answer this tomorrow.

There's a mixture of factors there.

My point is that I can only assume it's random that some are over-represented, and some are not, like the British TV hosts of the 1970s.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 7:26 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If a black person is raised in an intellectual environment, it is very likely that he/she will become an intellectual, too.

I'm not trying to say that black people are inherently bad or anything ridiculously racist like that.

I'll have to answer this tomorrow.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 7:31 pm

Maybe you're saying that "hood" neighborhoods breed fatalism--hence providing more of an incentive to commit crime--because who cares about life, anyway?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 7:38 pm

It's hard, but I think it's a mixture of factors. Sometimes the criminality is organised, sometimes it isn't.

My point being, if you had 1000 pupils, why would 20 white folks go on to be criminals and 40 brown pupils go on to be criminals?

Why are minorities over represented in crime figures? Some minorities are well behaved, some are not.

I can only think that it's because it's a mixture of free will and a bad way of thinking has been bred into them.

Many white people are bad, many non whites are not. But why the correlation?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 7:44 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Maybe you're saying that "hood" neighborhoods breed fatalism--hence providing more of an incentive to commit crime--because who cares about life, anyway?

There is an element of that. But why aren't whites suffering from the same disease?