Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 6:08 pm

I thought that if the temple was rebuilt, that it was the prelude to the end times? oh well, happy easter! :rabbit:

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 7:12 pm

His body was raised not the physical temple.

not a bible scholar
Not that kind of doctor

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2016, 10:39 pm

drlaugh wrote:

not a bible scholar
Not that kind of doctor

Christ had said, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it in three days." The Gospel writers said that the pharisees arguing with him didn't get the point that he was referring to his own resurrection.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 8:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
drlaugh wrote:

not a bible scholar
Not that kind of doctor

Christ had said, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it in three days." The Gospel writers said that the pharisees arguing with him didn't get the point that he was referring to his own resurrection.

The Hebrew Prophets were talking about a real temple where people could attend services and sacrifices could be made by people. The "Pharisees" were taking their own scripture seriously. In any case, the Jewish people have not been ingathered by G-D and the Kingdom of David has not been restored. Nor has world peace come about. They shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up sword against Nation nor shall they learn war anymore.

By the way, the Prophets did not foresee any "second coming". The real Messaiah would get it right the first time.

Jesus may be been the junior member of God Inc., but He was not the Messaiah.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 11:20 am

Revelation is wrote of many times in the Old Testament.

I wonder if there were 12 step groups if we would have
Recovering Pharisee.

Buddy Greene I believe wrote a song by that title.

Passovers around the corner.
Any one the youngest and ever read the 4 questions? :?:

But I digress...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 1:38 pm

BaalChatzaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
drlaugh wrote:

not a bible scholar
Not that kind of doctor

The Hebrew Prophets were talking about a real temple where people could attend services and sacrifices could be made by people. The "Pharisees" were taking their own scripture seriously. In any case, the Jewish people have not been ingathered by G-D and the Kingdom of David has not been restored. Nor has world peace come about. They shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up sword against Nation nor shall they learn war anymore.

By the way, the Prophets did not foresee any "second coming". The real Messaiah would get it right the first time.

Jesus may be been the junior member of God Inc., but He was not the Messaiah.

Or at least said prophets perceived such things they wrote as literal, without understanding the true meaning of what they wrote.
Incidentally, with the exception of Jehovah Witnesses and some other fringe sects, Christians never saw Jesus as just a junior member of God, but equal.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 2:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Or at least said prophets perceived such things they wrote as literal, without understanding the true meaning of what they wrote.
Incidentally, with the exception of Jehovah Witnesses and some other fringe sects, Christians never saw Jesus as just a junior member of God, but equal.

That was another thing one of my old professors used to throw at us in some mid-division philosophy / theology course. He'd describe the Trinity by drawing a Venn diagram with three distinct circles designated as 'Father', 'Son' and 'Holy Spirit', respectively. Then he'd erase two and draw them over the third, so that all three circles overlay each other with 100% overlap. Inevitably some student who understood formal logic would point out the fallacy/contradiction of them being separate and distinct and yet also one and the same - and the Fr.'s eyes would light up.

"Ah! That feeling in your head of swirling confusion - that's the Mystery you feel!" he'd say with great glee. That is the Holy Spirit entering you and helping you to accept how this could be!

The student of course would draw breath to argue, but quickly close it and back down as this was one of the senior priests, and one does not simply prove them logically incorrect in a lecture.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 6:45 am

It was the best Easter holiday. I was invited to a private party in Carson City. Lots of girls. The host and hostess was great as usual.The party was "Scarface" themed.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 7:07 am

frenchmanflats wrote:
It was the best Easter holiday. I was invited to a private party in Carson City. Lots of girls. The host and hostess was great as usual.The party was "Scarface" themed.

This is probably a stupid question, but what does "private party" mean when you use it that way?

In my limited experience, parties are all private. I can't imagine what a "public party" would be... a festival?

It seems like "private" is a superfluous addition unless it signifies something else.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 11:29 am

frenchmanflats wrote:

Good for you! :D
My family and I went to see Batman V Superman, then went out to eat.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2016, 1:45 am

Adamantium wrote:
frenchmanflats wrote:

This is probably a stupid question, but what does "private party" mean when you use it that way?

In my limited experience, parties are all private. I can't imagine what a "public party" would be... a festival?

It seems like "private" is a superfluous addition unless it signifies something else.

Think of it as the "Golden Ticket" of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Only special people known by the host and the Hostess are allowed to attend with special tickets are buzzed through the gate. We already getting ready July 4th weekend. We are possibly having a live band included where I will be playing keys and bass guitar.

Last edited by frenchmanflats on 30 Mar 2016, 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2016, 2:14 am

auntblabby wrote:
I thought that if the temple was rebuilt, that it was the prelude to the end times? oh well, happy easter! :rabbit:

You are correct. When the Third Temple is built, the "Third Antichrist" would appear and cause the end times. This according to many prophets. Supposedly "The Antichrist" is among us.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2016, 5:08 pm

The time Soon, has been interpreted as each generation.

God knows when.

Pun intended.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 4:13 am

drlaugh wrote:

God knows when.

Pun intended.

The signs are everywhere. If you take the descriptions of John of the Revelation and compare notes with modern prophets it looks like we are headed in self destruction. But there is hope .We can change the future because its not set in stone. Many of the prophets have made that clear

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 4:58 am

frenchmanflats wrote:
drlaugh wrote:

God knows when.

Pun intended.

The signs are everywhere. If you take the descriptions of John of the Revelation and compare notes with modern prophets it looks like we are headed in self destruction. But there is hope .We can change the future because its not set in stone. Many of the prophets have made that clear

Modern prophets?
I'm sorry, but in my own Lutheran tradition, we hardly see Revelations as a major book, pretty much just telling about persecution of the 1st century church.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 5:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
frenchmanflats wrote:
drlaugh wrote:

God knows when.

Pun intended.

Modern prophets?
I'm sorry, but in my own Lutheran tradition, we hardly see Revelations as a major book, pretty much just telling about persecution of the 1st century church.

There are many evangelical Christians who take John of Revelations seriously. There are other braches of Christianity out there