What sounds and textures drive you crazy?

Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Wave Tossed
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Mar 2016, 12:11 am

I hate loud, high-pitched noises, such as children screaming or some of the ads on TV that are so loud.

Wave Tossed

29 Mar 2016, 12:16 am

There are certain foods that I hate. Somehow the textures of the food truly grate on me. Such as most fruits, tomatoes, grapefruit, cauliflower, asparagus, beets, any kind of beans other than green beans (which I love). I have a very limited diet due to my very limited food preferences. I've been that way since early childhood.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 12:17 am

I can't stand the feeling of my legs on a leather couch or plastic chair in the summer. Luckily I've found a pair of extra long shorts at Army & Navy, so I won't have to deal with that much.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 1:06 am

Tipsy wrote:
The shiny pages in newspapers or books drive me insane they feel and smell horrible.

Oh yeah, those suck. It's probobly what all the reading material is made out of in Hell.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 1:37 am

tatals wrote:
I don't know if this is a thing, but I can't touch either fabric or paper when my hands are wrinkly after dealing with water. I always thought it could be a skin condition - never consulted a doctor about it -, but I'm wondering if that could be something related to autism.

Ah, I get that. The hardest bit is driving a car - hands on the steering wheel after I've been swimming.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 2:39 am

I dislike hearing other people eating, I don't know why.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2016, 8:53 pm

andrethemoogle wrote:

That annoys me too!

Suck suck suck. Crunch crunch crunch!

Ugh!

lonely cloud.
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Mar 2016, 12:12 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
andrethemoogle wrote:

That annoys me too!

Suck suck suck. Crunch crunch crunch!

Ugh!

Same!

Especially people who pour too much milk on cereal and then sit there slurping. It's like OH MY GOD CEREAL IS SUPPOSED TO BE CRUNCHY YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DRINK IT!

Yeah, the sound of people eating cereal with too much milk really makes me rage.

My neighbour has some sort of generator that comes on at 6am every day; it's fine as long as I'm still asleep, because it doesn't wake me up, but if I've woken up in the small hours (like I sometimes do) I can't get to sleep again until it stops, which can be anything up to an hour and a half.

And my mum snores.

I also can't eat butterbeans, baked beans, broad beans, processed peas, hummus and a variety of other soft foods, because of the texture.

It's weird, because I can't drink tea because of what it feels like in my mouth. The taste is quite nice, and I drink coffee every day, but I can't drink tea for some weird reason.

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 7:30 am

zkydz wrote:

Like crunchy foods. Fill my soups and stuff with as much cracker as possible. Not much for thin watery soups. Not a fan of mushy foods. Stews must have something to bite into.

Can't eat apples or pears because of the texture, even though I like the flavor.

Hate to go to movies because of the sound overload.

Can't stand things on my neck at all. Hate to have my body hair not in its proper direction. Makes going to sleep interesting sometimes as I keep trying to make my hair lay right as I put my head down.

Can't stand anything in my shoe that makes things 'bumpy'. Seams in socks, any slightest thing that gets in the shoe.

I agree with all of this- and additionally, I would say (not related but) smell. I am VERY sensitive to people's smells.
Like I will stop dating someone if I don't like their brand of smell (everyone is different) Note this doesn't mean they smell bad like they haven't showered, but just they have a bad (to me) smell that I don't like.
I'm super super particular about it... it's very annoying.
I like the smell of old books though...
Okay, now I've made this post about smells :lol: Opps!
I hate sounds though, I f*****g HATE WITH AN UNDYING PASSION LOUD AND SUDDEN SOUNDS!! !! !! !! !! ! :x
I hate loud sounds and rap and car sounds I also hate motorcycles.
f**k.

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 7:37 am

Sounds:
Coughing, whispering, grunting, blenders, hand dryers, continuous talking

Textures:
Dry paint

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 3:40 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I can't stand the feeling of my legs on a leather couch or plastic chair in the summer. Luckily I've found a pair of extra long shorts at Army & Navy, so I won't have to deal with that much.

That used to bug me when I was a kid and my mother can't stand it either and she is NT. She has to wear long shorts, not short shorts.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 7:29 pm

Nails on a chalkboard make me wanna scream, cry or die. High pitch sounds like those from an old tv screen on mute, or a fluorescent bulb cause my head to hurt. If I bite down into any bit of cartilage, fat, or grizzle in meat, I feel like vomiting, I completely lose all of my appetite and won't finish eating whatever I was eating. I hate the feel of newsprint, its just ugh! On the flip side, I really like touching glossy magazine paper, and have in the past bought magazines simply for how the pages felt, with no real regard to what was written in the magazine.

tatals
Raven
Raven

31 Mar 2016, 9:47 pm

Noca wrote:
[...] If I bite down into any bit of cartilage, fat, or grizzle in meat, I feel like vomiting, I completely lose all of my appetite and won't finish eating whatever I was eating. [...]

I can relate.

christophelambypie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Mar 2016, 10:56 pm

Doritos!! ! And foods that are grainy when chewing..
Teeth grinding and bad breath, both make me want to vomit, but this is quite common apparently...
My worst one though is people that eat with their mouths open, the noise of it drives me absolutely insane to the point where I make a big deal out of it and end up in an argument, its like a trigger for a very angry meltdown!! Thankfully though I have learned to just leave the area/ restaurant..
Grrrrrrr......lol

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2016, 2:03 am

nasal singing/speaking.

Esme
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2016, 1:20 pm

"The sound of chewing makes me want to have meltdown. It doesn't help that my dad is an extremely loud chewer - if he eats I either have to blast my headphones or leave the room altogether. It's deafening to me but my mom still gets mad no matter how much I try to explain."

^ This! A few other things, but mostly this one!