Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Apr 2016, 9:04 pm

But this is passing judgement! The right not to be judged. It does not matter why a woman bares her breasts in public, especially to nurse, and even on the beach. Do not judge! Those negative reactions are inside yourself and have absolutely nothing to do with any woman.

As for the professions, one of our greatest politicians gave birth and brought the baby to her office in Parliament and nursed there.

There is no shame in nursing and no instrinsic "Playboy" aspect to female breasts. These ideas must be ditched.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2016, 9:06 pm

I believe a woman should nurse her baby wherever she wants.

When a baby's hungry, he/she is not embarrassed to eat in public.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2016, 9:13 pm

awkward facepalm wrote:
a female scientist/lawyer/doctor? someone who doesn't want attention??
Seems fine to me either way.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Apr 2016, 9:15 pm

awkward facepalm wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Claradoon wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Standing up for women's rights & wanting fair & equal treatment.

Can you be more specific? Which rights? Fair and equal treatment re what, in particular?
The right to make their own health care decisions & decide what to do with their own bodies. The right to display their breasts in public & breastfeed in public. Equal treatment in the workplace & earning the same amount as men for the same work.

would you feel so happy when your wife breastfeeds in public and u sitting next to her and all creepy people in the street staring at her like:

I'd be upset with the creeps staring instead of my wife. She's not responsible for perverts.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2016, 10:23 pm

I'm 52 and was raised in the Deep South. It took longer to catch on down here so I remember a lot of things that have been changed for the better.

Before feminism, or women's lib as it was called then, we were not only not given equal treatment, consideration, rights, and pay, but we were treated like delicate little flowers that had to be protected from all harm and unpleasantnesses, harshness and lots of times reality. I remember want ads separated into ladies and men, and I remember when your husband or father or some man had to handle the business deals. I remember that they had to fight for the right to be construction workers and cops and firemen and soldiers. We had to fight to just try and to fight to be able to fail sometimes too, just as men fail sometimes. It was about equal pay for equal work and equal chances. It wasn't about letting women do a job that some of us might be physically unfit for just because we have a va-jay-jay. It wasn't about changing everything to accommodate us.

Yes some of us said don't make dirty jokes around me, but that's a politeness issue. Yes some of us said don't open doors for me, but that's a personal preference. As times changed and glass ceilings rained shards over the country, there were fewer and fewer major issues to fight about but some people were just still mad. And others who missed the war and wished they hadn't latched on to small issues that really have nothing to do with equality and slapped the feminist label on them.

I'm a woman. I was for women's lib and the ERA in the 70s. I was raised in the 60s and 70s by a divorced career woman who broke a major glass ceiling I'm hospital administration. I was raised that I can do what I want and my lady parts have no place in that. I was raised to know that sometimes violence happens and because we are usually smaller and with less upper body strength we need to know how to defend ourselves however we can legally do so. You know, like men do. Equally. And that when we fail because of our own lack of skill or ability that we need to work harder or try something else and we are not all suited for everything no matter how much we may want it. You know, like men do.

Equality. Not special. Not elite. Not protected any more than anyone else.

Seems some folks would turn feminism into something that the women who fought and lived to get us our rights would shudder at. They would be ashamed of how petty and whiney today's feminists are. My mother was before she died. That's why I'm not calling myself a feminist anymore. I'm a women's libber. Because unlike today's so called feminists who seek victim status left and right, women's libber refused to be victims and stood up and took what was rightfully ours. Their work is what allows these gals to even be listened to now. And they are pissing all over what our mothers did. Good job.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2016, 12:41 am

Because of the Women's Lib movement of the 70s, I'm able to express myself as a male to the point of wearing a Schultz helmet. If I wore one of those in the 60s, my family and the cops would have had me locked up at a state school or a mental ward. 'Ladies' were 'delicate flowers' back in the 60s, so they couldn't get away with doing 'stuff like that'.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2016, 12:49 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Because of the Women's Lib movement of the 70s, I'm able to express myself as a male to the point of wearing a Schultz helmet. If I wore one of those in the 60s, my family and the cops would have had me locked up at a state school or a mental ward. 'Ladies' were 'delicate flowers' back in the 60s, so they couldn't get away with doing 'stuff like that'.

If there was a "like" feature on here I would like your post.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2016, 3:33 am

Nicely worded post OOM.^^

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2016, 8:36 am

Fnord wrote:
Claradoon wrote:
What Does Feminism Mean To You?
a trend of thought that favors equality for all women.

Egalitarianism, on the other hand, is a trend of thought that favors equality for all people.

See the difference?

That is indeed how dictionaries typically define feminism. Often this definition is trotted out as a blanket defence for any impropriety by those claiming to be followers of feminism.

N.B. "feminist" is defined as:

"An advocate or supporter of the rights and equality of women"

but not "a practitioner of feminism".

This might explain why so many of them actively ignore (or worse, impede) any endeavour which is not focused specifically on women's rights - especially those which involve men's rights, experiences or needs.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2016, 8:58 am

It means viewing each woman as an individual human being. A human, not a sex vending machine or a maid or a child in need of mansplaining. An individual, not a stereotype. If your outlook includes a "women want X" statement, you just might be a misogynist.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2016, 9:12 am

it means what james bond is doing here is wrong wrong wrong :!: