Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 5:13 pm

Ticker wrote:
You can be a absolute moron and loser and still get a better paying job than a woman.

I don't understand what you mean by this.
A low qualified woman can make massively more money than a similar. In fact more than a very well paid man.

As for whining and pitying; i think you missed the point of Snake's post.

Speaking more generally...
In my opinion, the whiner's and boohoohers post about 'curing' AS and such-like: they generally get sympathetic responses around here. Whereas, many posters who point out certain injustices are told to 'stop crying and get their act together' ( and some of the time by people who clearly have no idea of the situation.)
I find this ironic and start to wonder where the forum for people with AS is.

HereComesTheRain
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Apr 2007, 5:33 pm

I'll tell you this. As an Aspie, I've tended to screw people over that have screwed me over first a lot of times. Hell, even in my area, I have a major reputation of screwing people over to the point where there are death threats on me. Part of the reason why I screwed over people was because I was a whining, snivelling, inconfident prick like snake.

Snake, maybe if you weren't such a prick, people wouldn't hate you as much and you wouldn't screw so many people over.

s**t will always happen to us because we're Aspie, but not dealing with it well will determine if we're clueless pricks or just guys that tend to be spaced out and not have a clue but are likeable in a way.

-Lee

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2007, 7:20 pm

Ticker wrote:
Actually I've met a number of nice NT's and they are not related to any autistics. There's good and bad people in the world. I've met several Aspies that are royal a$$es by the way. Don't blame EVERYTHING on NT's. Even some NT's get bullied. The one's that tell Aspies that they are worthless are the Aspies themselves. I'm so sick of this sissy crybaby attitude that so many of the young Aspies on here have. All this awareness does is make for more crybabies.

Lots of people are abused, actually the majority of people in the US are abused by the time they hit 21. Lots of people have obstacles thrown in their way. Autism is NOT the ONLY disability. There are things far worse. If your life is screwed up its because you did it to yourself. Quit blaming everything on other people and start accepting responsibility for your own actions.

Exactly! In fact, getting rid of my crybaby attitude is something I have been working on for my entire life, and up until now, have had very little to no success in doing so. But, now, instead of having a crybaby attitude whenever something doesn't go my way, I am going to try talking about my worries in a much more mature manner with my head up high. Just because I have Asperger's doesn't mean I can't be macho and tough.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 7:51 pm

Are we trying to be robots here? I TOTALLY disagree with accusing another poster of having a crybaby attitude etc...I mean, for f's sake, people have the right to their feelings and to speak honestly and openly of them here. I think to put someone down for that is unacceptable. Maybe some prefer to keep the old stiff upper lip, shut up and get on with it attitude, but that is them and that is their choice and it is the choice of others to be how they are.

TrishC7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2007, 11:34 pm

I'm a female Aspie, and I was bullied and excluded mercilessly when I was in school (and have been, at times, since then). So no, it isn't just the guys who get screwed on this.

ProwlingParadox
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2007, 3:21 am

i generally agree with the first poster except for this sexism which it is no matter what you try to say. about im a female who has suffed all the things you said and more your sex has little to do with it, the most you can truthley say is that males are more likely to get physically abused and females are more likely to get sexually abused.

SeriousGirl

Quote:
You know, snake, people can make you feel bad about yourself only if you let them. How you feel about yourself is controlled by you and you alone.

said like some one who has not bean there. you have kno idear what ou are talking about go take your "i did not quite fit in, some people were sometime mean to me attude" some were other then hear.

snake321
Quote:
Um..... I dunno maybe it was because you were female, therefore you automatically hold SOME status,

on what planet?

Quote:
Also, women do have problems too with AS, but different issues. I'd say speaking non-biasedly, women's problems with it are far less severe than their male AS counterparts, because female AS (as our struggles are concerned) is like AS lite.

AS lite what a crock, abslotu bull s**t

some woman with as have an advantage in the fact that our brains have a larger language area so verbly we can compensate for some of the problems. that in kno way makes up for the disadvantage's that a exclusive to us female aspies

Quote:
I don't mean this to be offensive but it's the truth.

the truth is not offensive your assumption that you know this as a fact when in fact it is all in your head is offensive.

Quote:
Ok, I was gonna be nice about this, I'm not sexist, but your female so you don't know, so you need to shut up.

8O :lol: :roll:

that is a perfect example of sexism. if you are unaway of the irony in those two there is no hope of explaining it to you. your true attude shows through

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 3:56 am

Graelwyn wrote:
I TOTALLY disagree with accusing another poster of having a crybaby attitude etc....

Even if their crying is an attack on your own experiences?

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 3:56 am

The damage done to me was by the "bullies" who wished me to live to them and their lives: peers, relatives and total strangers; never my parents. Everyone (except those heavenly few) gave me verbal abuse and took advantage of my blind innocence to deception throughout high school.

A group of males: ‘…fag!’
A group of females: ‘…that loner.’ '...get away from me!' When I sat near them to try and interact
A solitary female: ‘…why don’t you talk?’ With that look of disgust….
A solitary male: ‘…fag!’ Who I dropped on the spot and subsequently suffered the consequence of not knowing how to respond to verbal abuse; gee, it’s my fault I cannot respond how you think I should

I’m an observer, it’s all I could do since I couldn’t talk and I observed that I had it the hardest during my stint of high school; I was the only student to leave in year eleven (it hurt too much). I had the lowest grades and the most abuse out of the hundreds my age.

*SHRUG* I guess that's what you get when an [autistic] individual is placed into a pack of different animals. It hardened my heart, hardened my mind; yet allowed me to forgive these and every individual who is ignorant of that which they don't know, they know no better or different.

TrishC7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2007, 3:58 am

Prowling Paradox knows what she's talking about, and is up to saying it a lot better than I can right now. And, at the moment, you don't sound so d***** forgiving, if you'll excuse my saying so. Certainly not of women.

SeriousGirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 11:31 am

calandale wrote:
Even if their crying is an attack on your own experiences?

I think cry baby tendancies are NOT a part of AS and should be a seperate issue. I don't identify with it at all. How people end up with poor self-esteem is subject to debate, but I think your self schema is formed before you get to school.

SeriousGirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 11:35 am

snake321 wrote:
Not a damn thing, I'm male and AS, as a male, I have to take the initiative, I have to make the steps. I don't even know what the steps are, or when to take them.

So, you are just going to give up instead of trying to figure it out? I have to ask your age and wonder if your bullying experiences are still occupying your thoughts?