Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

PhantomsFinalStand
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Mar 2016, 12:45 pm

As many of you know, April 2nd is Autism Awareness Day and will be viewed and celebrated by millions of people worldwide who are not on the autism spectrum. There will be people wearing all blue in support of the organization Autism Speaks whom are unaware that the majority of those on the spectrum dislike Autism Speaks.

Autism Speaks is not an organization you should be supporting. They only treat us as a problem and a disease that needs to be eradicared and cured. They do not support neurodiversity, they support research and see us as a burden to families. Don't believe me? Then watch this video called I Am Autism (I am not allowed to post links but you can look it up on Youtube) In addition, they do not have a single member with autism on their board.

The majority of people who will tuning in on April 2nd do not know the truth about Autism Speaks, we have to show them the truth. This is why we need to oppose and boycott Autism Speaks on April 2nd when the world will be watching, we have to preach the truth to those who are unaware that Autism Speaks is an organization that see's autism as a problem that needs to be cured. We need to band together, to get the truth out about Autism Speaks, and to stop them from getting anymore unaware supporters #DownWithAutismSpeaks

There are several things you can do to boycott and get the word out how Autism Speaks is an evil organization, the more people who can contribute, the more likely we will attract the attention of the public. Because right now, only Autism Speaks's voice is being heard and they do not speak for the autistic people. We need to change that to where OUR voice is being heard, not theirs.

1. Post on Facebook voicing your opposition to Autism Speaks and show the I Am Autism video with the hashtag #StopAutismSpeaks so others can see it and be sure to like other peoples posts. Create a bunch of fake accounts to do this if you have to.

2. On Facebook in the trending news feed on the right side bar, there will surely be an Autism Awareness Day or Light it up blue trending. Click on it and go to the comments section of one of the top articles and spam the I Am Autism video and voice your opposition to Autism Speaks. Don't forget to like other peoples posts doing the same

3. thing. #StopAutismSpeaks Create a bunch of fake accounts to do this if you have to.

4. Wear a red or black shirt. Do not wear blue on Autism Awareness day.

April 2nd is our only shot of our voice being heard.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2016, 2:18 pm

I just posted something about it on Facebook. #StopAutismSpeaks

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

B19
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2016, 2:40 pm

PhantomsFinalStand wrote:
As many of you know, April 2nd is Autism Awareness Day and will be viewed and celebrated by millions of people worldwide who are not on the autism spectrum. There will be people wearing all blue in support of the organization Autism Speaks whom are unaware that the majority of those on the spectrum dislike Autism Speaks.

Autism Speaks is not an organization you should be supporting. They only treat us as a problem and a disease that needs to be eradicared and cured. They do not support neurodiversity, they support research and see us as a burden to families. Don't believe me? Then watch this video called I Am Autism (I am not allowed to post links but you can look it up on Youtube) In addition, they do not have a single member with autism on their board.

The majority of people who will tuning in on April 2nd do not know the truth about Autism Speaks, we have to show them the truth. This is why we need to oppose and boycott Autism Speaks on April 2nd when the world will be watching, we have to preach the truth to those who are unaware that Autism Speaks is an organization that see's autism as a problem that needs to be cured. We need to band together, to get the truth out about Autism Speaks, and to stop them from getting anymore unaware supporters #DownWithAutismSpeaks

There are several things you can do to boycott and get the word out how Autism Speaks is an evil organization, the more people who can contribute, the more likely we will attract the attention of the public. Because right now, only Autism Speaks's voice is being heard and they do not speak for the autistic people. We need to change that to where OUR voice is being heard, not theirs.

1. Post on Facebook voicing your opposition to Autism Speaks and show the I Am Autism video with the hashtag #StopAutismSpeaks so others can see it and be sure to like other peoples posts. Create a bunch of fake accounts to do this if you have to.

2. On Facebook in the trending news feed on the right side bar, there will surely be an Autism Awareness Day or Light it up blue trending. Click on it and go to the comments section of one of the top articles and spam the I Am Autism video and voice your opposition to Autism Speaks. Don't forget to like other peoples posts doing the same

3. thing. #StopAutismSpeaks Create a bunch of fake accounts to do this if you have to.

4. Wear a red or black shirt. Do not wear blue on Autism Awareness day.

April 2nd is our only shot of our voice being heard.

I think I have read this article before. Are you the original writer of it?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2016, 2:47 pm

I'm not against working to understand autism and it's causes. I'm not against finding a cure if possible.

PhantomsFinalStand
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Mar 2016, 3:16 pm

#StopAutismSpeaks

PhantomsFinalStand
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Mar 2016, 3:17 pm

B19 wrote:

I think I have read this article before. Are you the original writer of it?

Where?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2016, 4:23 pm

On Facebook - it was attributed to a woman.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2016, 5:44 pm

AspE wrote:
I'm not against working to understand autism and it's causes. I'm not against finding a cure if possible.

That is good stuff, but if an organization has to dehumanize us and push inacurite steriotypes to fund such research like Autism Speaks then I oppose it.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2016, 6:30 pm

#NOTMSSNG

http://www.boycottautismspeaks.com/

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman