Did we evolve from apes, or are we made from dirt and ribs?

Page 4 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 1:15 pm

Quote:
Also the implication a womans period is 'punishment' against all women because because of eve eating the fruit women are less trustworthy I have heard that thrown around a couple times.

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Pain in childbirth, and to be ruled over by man, pretty serious punishment indeed hehehe.

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

And lifelong toil and labour for men. Men boned by God again. :roll: It was all Eve's fault really.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 1:34 pm

I said your worldview, which is not orthodox Christianity.

I'm talking about religiously inspired mistreatment within the tribe. I'm all for having different (fewer) reasons to go to war. Which, by the way, seems to be (another) glaring exception to your "absolute" rule of not killing.

I never said atheism would make a society better. It makes no promises in that regard. Also Christian and Muslim societies were well known for religious violence and torture. Nazi Germany was especially good as a Christian country at genocide. There is no evidence that it improves behavior. Even if it did, I don't believe wrong things due to their utility.

People left to be with their families or loved ones, not because East Germany was such a horrible place.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 2:05 pm

Mikah wrote:
cold material world of atheism or the warmth and hope of theism?

Your train ticket to ISIS-controlled Syria comes with a free headsman's axe, didn't you know?

See how easy it is to to defend your position by making unfounded straw-man assumptions about the beliefs of others?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 2:10 pm

Mikah wrote:
Quote:
Also the implication a womans period is 'punishment' against all women because because of eve eating the fruit women are less trustworthy I have heard that thrown around a couple times.

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Pain in childbirth, and to be ruled over by man, pretty serious punishment indeed hehehe.

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

And lifelong toil and labour for men. Men boned by God again. :roll: It was all Eve's fault really.

See its all very interesting story telling....but that people actually believe its a historically accurate account is ridiculous to me. Maybe whoever wrote that just wanted a creative story to explain all the stuff they found themselves b*tching about in day to day life.

Also though to humour the story I'd say it was the serpents fault, or maybe it was gods fault for letting the serpent into the garden with creatures he just created and knew would give into temptation.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 10:13 pm

marcb0t wrote:
Seriously, I believe that God created the universe, the Earth, and all the living creatures. I currently believe in the Genesis account. However, I am open to God correcting me if I'm wrong. Facts that evolutionists have tried to use in order to "prove" their theory, is inadequate for me.

Actually, I have seen convincing arguments from both sides of the fence.
There is actual factual evidence and proof, proving we evolved from apes via the fossil record and genetic data, the bible has no evidence to behold let alone contradicts its self many times even in the beginning of the book. In the beginning there was darknes so god said let ther be light, and it was good, then he created the stars. Hold up and rewind how can there be light before he created stars and also howcome it took one day to create all the stars when it took 6 days to create one Earth? There are trillions of stars let alone galaxies and planets, and each star being a sun being millions the size of planet Earth? It does not add up.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 10:43 pm

Here is how it really happened!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 2:53 am

The Darwin-evolutionists and the Bible-evolutionists lack creativity.

Their desire to wrap everything into a tight package is likely wrong.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 10:21 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
The Darwin-evolutionists and the Bible-evolutionists lack creativity.

Their desire to wrap everything into a tight package is likely wrong.

What IS a "Bible evolutionist"?

Don't you mean"Young Earth Creationist"?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 2:59 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

Humans evolved from "dirt and ribs" or whatever form of evolution the bible says.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 4:17 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Humans evolved from "dirt and ribs" or whatever form of evolution the bible says.

Gosh! I had the impression that you were a religious Bible reading person who would know exactly what the Bible says.

you're probably confused as to what the word "evolution" means.

The word "evolution" means "gradual change over time".

"Evolution" is precisely what is NOT in the Bible.

What is in the Bible is a story about "creation" (everything being "created" all at once in its present form, and that it happened only a few thousand years ago).

Thats why folks who take the Bible literally, and deny Darwin type evolution are called "Young Earth Creationists".

So calling someone a "Biblical evolutionist" is a contradiction in terms.

Apparently what you meant was "Religious Fundamentalists",or "Young Earth Creationists".

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 4:36 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Bishop Ussher was a bit off when he reckoned that moment of creation as 6:00 pm on Oct 26, 2004 b.c.e.

The earth is more like 4.3 billion years old and all living things on this planet are related by way of the their DNA.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 6:39 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Gosh! I had the impression that you were a religious Bible reading person who would know exactly what the Bible says.

What is in the Bible is a story about "creation" (everything being "created" all at once in its present form, and that it happened only a few thousand years ago).

This topic is about the GOD story of a rib bone as the base material for humans.

The science story tells us, the base material was "primordial soup".

Both stories tells us that humans evolved from an organic base material.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 6:53 pm

I suspect the authors of the bible tried to explain complex things to us as a parent might with a child.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 7:28 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

This topic is about the GOD story of a rib bone as the base material for humans.

The science story tells us, the base material was "primordial soup".

Both stories tells us that humans evolved from an organic base material.

Doesnt change my point which is that the Bible story is not "evolution". So you should take my friendly advice and stop using the phrase "Biblical evolution" because its a contradiction in terms. Say "Biblical creation" if what you mean is the Biblical account of the origin of everything (humans and everything else).

Actually the Bible doesnt say "all humans came from a rib". The Bible has two contradictory versions of how the first humans were made. In one version "ribs" arent involved at all. God fashioned both Adam and Eve at the same time out of mud. In the other version Adam was made out of unspecified material, and then later God took out one of Adam's ribs and fashioned Eve. So Eve was cloned from Adam and Adam was made out of - maybe we can infer that is was mud. So ultimately Eve also came from mud. So in niether account did "all humans come from ribs",and in both accounts all humans actually come from mud.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 8:59 pm

Very fascinating indeed! We are apes nothing else just super intelligent apes, we rule the world!

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 9:01 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I suspect the authors of the bible tried to explain complex things to us as a parent might with a child.

They did a sh***y job. How hard is "wash your hands"?