Long-Distance Crush Turned Girlfriend

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

k9writer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Apr 2016, 8:39 am

I've been crushing on this girl for about a month or two. We've skyped and talked on the phone and text every day, and recently we've come so close to reveal that we are both, in fact, crushing on each other. Yesterday we decided we'd like to become more than friends. The only problem is that she lives at least 800 miles away (we met on Instagram).

I'm having a bit of trouble processing this because the last relationship I was in was also long-distance (seems I can't seduce people irl) and I've recently come to believe I was sexually abused in that relationship. Sorry for all these long sentences. So that's one hold-up I have with the situation - I'm afraid of my mouth not saying "no," but at the same time I really want to be with her. My girlfriend lives much too far away to see on an even somewhat regular basis, which is kind of a relief because I don't have to worry about body language, social stuff, etc. She knows I have autism and is very understanding when I mess up, but I feel like I'm leading her on. Not to mention she deserves waayy better than me.

Idk, I'm just having trouble processing this and I was wondering if anyone could offer insight. 8O Thank you.

helloarchy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Apr 2016, 9:45 am

If you like her and she likes you, what's the problem? You say she deserves better, and that you think you're leading her on. But you shouldn't try to think for her, let her make her own minds up and decide for herself. If she likes you and wants to be in a relationship, then why deny her? If you like her too, then it's all cool, enjoy being together :)

I've been known to over think relationships like this too, eventually my misses banned me from telling her to leave me, and that she can decide for herself. It says you're 15 under your username, so there's every chance you could go on to college and go to a college near her or vice versa.

+ Spatial Reasoning: 9/10
+ Ritvo Test: Higher than the average male with ASD (My Score 206.0; Average: 148.6).
+ Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 167 of 200
+ Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 44 of 200