Evaluation tomorrow and overwhelmed...

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Brittniejoy1983
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2016, 7:33 pm

My evaluation is tomorrow and I am overwhelmed. We had a busy morning that SHOULD have made my son sleep, but he didn't. He didn't nap until late, and woke up at 8 pm. So he won't go to sleep easy tonight now. My daughter came home from school and started yelling at me because I didn't want to force the over tired 3 year old to get dressed (again) and get in the car since he was already asking not to go, and 'I' was tired, too. Then my husband comes home and leaves again to go get sandpaper from home depot, and comes home angry and irritated because he left it at home depot. Then my daughter is chattering non stop, and the 3 year old is throwing a fit, and my husband wants to talk about bills, which stresses me out (mostly because I spent money this week on nail stuff, and things for my daughters room, some take out, and activities with my son and whatnot, and when he sees it he will be mad).

And now I'm tired, and stressed and overwhelmed and I just want them to leave me alone but if I go hide in my room, then my husband will do the bills on the computer and come and yell at me for spending money (which really doesn't make sense since we JUST paid all our bills to current with our taxes last week, AND he got a really good check this week). So really, even though I spent money, we STILL have more money than we usually do. So he SHOULDN'T yell at me, but I'm sure he will.

And my evaluation is tomorrow and I've been really stressed out about it. I'm just sharing because no one else would care, or even understand, why all of this happening tonight would be bothering me.

Gematron
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Apr 2016, 9:28 pm

Sounds like you had one hectic day. Those are usually the time when I wish I had my own secret room where I can just go and hide from the rest of the world for a while - just until I recuperate. It sucks when you don't have a room to hide in after a day like that. You're just stuck feeling overwhelmed, burned-out, and just can't think straight and NT's just don't understand why you need some time to yourself with no human interactions for a while

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2016, 9:37 pm

Yeah. When I was raising a family, with all the craziness that entails, I used to have a lot of escape fantasies. Me on a desert isle ... me in a mountain cabin ... me at a pricy, country-club mental hospital.

Sorry you're going through a rough time. Things will get better.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2016, 10:12 pm

On the bright side, many people's autistic behaviors are more pronounced when they are tired. I know mine sure are. And for a diagnoses evaluation, that's actually a *good* thing, because I was taught so deeply to try to hide my autism, especially for authority figures & medical personnel.

Brittniejoy1983
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2016, 10:41 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
On the bright side, many people's autistic behaviors are more pronounced when they are tired. I know mine sure are. And for a diagnoses evaluation, that's actually a *good* thing, because I was taught so deeply to try to hide my autism, especially for authority figures & medical personnel.

Hahahahahahahaha, good side od being unable to sleep, and being unable to sleep well?

I'll take it at this point.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2016, 11:43 pm

Brittniejoy1983 wrote:
Edenthiel wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha, good side od being unable to sleep, and being unable to sleep well?

I'll take it at this point.

Good luck tomorrow. :)

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 12:42 am

Good luck tomorrow. As mentioned above, I agree that being stressed may help as it will accentuate your symptoms. Especially if you have a good mask.

Escape fantasies...they are nice when you can just zone out on them, eh?

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 1:14 pm

I hope everything went well for you today.

Brittniejoy1983
Toucan
Toucan

05 Apr 2016, 8:40 pm

So the evaluation was interesting. I got several written things, drawing a person/opposite gender person/myself (I did stick figures, then indicated where applicable that I have 'poor' art skills). Then the Math test (apparently I am bad at basic math computation but surprisingly skilled at complex math/algebra but by logical process versus mathematical theory). Then the 300 question eval for psychiatric conditions (including addiction, suicidal tendencies, delusions, etc. Do people actually get caught on these? They seem so blatantly obvious to me?)
Then he administered the WAIS assessment verbally in his office.

He concluded that I likely suffer from ADHD, but he has not ruled out ASDs. He DID find that I have a remarkably high intelligence with a less than fostering upbringing which contributes to my communication issues. I am, apparently, not communicating poorly, people are ACTUALLY not able to comprehend the concepts I am communicating. Otherwise, as he said "You are likely the smartest person in the room, most of the time". He finds that I have an abnormally high capacity for knowledge and facts, but an average ability to receive auditory information (especially verbally). The relative difference between the extremes gives the appearance of more severe auditory comprehension issues. I also have superior logic and methodic skills (or something like that). I also have the remarkable ability to work extremely quickly at a task towards which I direct my full focus. (Doesn't sound like ADHD).

He is refraining from putting an official diagnosis to ASDs without seeing my personal assessment, which he feels is likely to be more insightful than anything HE can observe in the time he has been allotted.

Which is WEIRD. I have NEVER read of that before. Like, REALLY WEIRD.

I'm tired, my brain hurts a little, but it wasn't bad.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2016, 9:20 pm

Great news all in all. I'm glad you are feeling better about the evaluation now.

Be kind: rest.

Brittniejoy1983
Toucan
Toucan

05 Apr 2016, 10:21 pm

Meh, rest is over rated. I sent him a list of my synopsis, as well as an article and a separate report/study regarding the underdiagnosis of ASD in women/girls, as well as my results from the RDOS and RAADS-R assessments.

Just sayin. He DID ask that I send him anything I considered relevant. I COULD have sent him more... :oops: