Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2016, 11:08 pm

I mentioned in a previous post that I was considering looking for a new job because I wanted more money. Well, things happened, and now staying for long is no longer an option. My qualms remain the same. My current boss is great and my coworkers, though can be exhausting at times, are at least not backstabbers. What if, in an attempt to make more money, I end up in a place where I can't say the same about my new boss and my new coworkers?

Also, I'm mainly looking for entry-level jobs where most of my coworkers will be "my age" (for the purpose of this post it means early- to mid-twenties, although in actuality I'm past that age group), and like many people on the spectrum I find it almost impossible to fit in with people of my own peer group. My current workplace is about the first place where I kind of sort "fit in" (in the loosest sense of the word) with a group people, and I wonder if I've been taking my luck for granted, if I've gotten arrogant when I have no right to be.

In the past my worries about finding a job revolved around having references (which I still don't have) and passing the interview (which I still don't know I'll be able to do, and I was unemployed for four months before I got this job).

I don't know what I'm looking for, since I don't necessarily need advice. Encouragement, I guess? Reassurance that I'll be okay?

LOLWUTAREYOUDOIN
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2016, 2:37 pm

It is possible you won't get along as well with new workers as you do right now. But it's also possible that you will. My personal outlook has always been that I go to work to make a living, not to make friends. If I get along with people and make friends, then great! If not, no big deal. I guess it just depends on what you're willing to tolerate.