Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2007, 9:19 am

Generally NT's seem interested in my conversations, I think they find me trustworthy and honest, I guess they like me.
I suppose it could be because I tell stories from a different approach that might seem new to them, or it could be that I avoid eye contact and daydream(imagine) whilst I talk. The other possibility is that I don't act like a NT and it is this that they find appealing.

Nevertheless, are you appealing towards NT's whenever you talk?

If not, how are you perceived by NT's, is it good or bad?

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 9:34 am

I have no idea.

TellerStar
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2007, 9:39 am

I get on quite well with adults, well people quite a bit older than me. But I think people my own age that know me think I'm boring. I think they know that I don't talk about common things for my age group and I'm a bit 'geeky' so I never make friends with people my age. I'm good at being polite in public usually though.

Photon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2007, 9:54 am

I suppose since its the Adults that I'm often in communication with the most, then yes I agree..
I'm an adult myself and I don't know anybody else who is at the same or above my age or what they might be interested in...

I'm sure they like me because I'm more familar to them not liking me.. They often ask me favours that they wouldn't normally ask anybody else.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 10:31 am

I think they think I smell bad.

Mr_Winston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2007, 10:35 am

I sense they probably see me as a harmless oddball.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 10:44 am

Past long gone: mostly derision by peers (though I guess most people experience this), too much hate and ignorance. Adults mostly thought I was a 'good kid,' 'quiet' and '...too pale.' A number of other meaningless musings that I forgot on purpose.

Recent now: 'intelligent' and 'thoughtful,' '...you're quiet!' Some useless (to me) comments on my physical appearance, '...a lack of confidence?' Because I cannot do what other people my age do....

It's all meaningless.

I don't ask them how they view me mind you; it's either told to a third party (my poor mummy who has to listen to this constant drivel) or they tell me when I didn't ask for it. :roll:

chairbreak
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Apr 2007, 10:48 am

NTs seem to like me as long as they're a bit offbeat and geeky. I've been praised for my deadpan sense of humor and for genuinely caring about people (rather than just pretending to care).

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 10:52 am

I don't know, but I seem to draw attention wherever I go, that is for sure. People seem to be drawn to stare at me naturally, even when I am dressed perfectly normally.

SeriousGirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 11:17 am

My husband says that I intimidate NTs, but I don't notice it. I tend to cut to the chase and demand the facts from people in business relationships. Since it has been brought to my attention, I am working on NOT doing it.

Socially, I think people perceive me as interesting, quiet and quirky. I generally get along better with men than women.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 11:54 am

I'm the safest person in Langley (my hometown), because I creep NTs out, and I'm proud of it. :)

God Save The Queen! 8)

Nellie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2007, 11:57 am

They like me at first but then when I don't continue to respond in the way they think I should they get very very nasty. Especially the women.

JonnyBGoode
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 12:02 pm

Younger people, for the most part, seem to like me. People my age think I'm creepy as hell. Don't know too many older people.

SeriousGirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 12:02 pm

Danielismyname wrote:
I don't ask them how they view me mind you; it's either told to a third party (my poor mummy who has to listen to this constant drivel) or they tell me when I didn't ask for it. :roll:

I'm beginning to get the impression that differences are less tolerated in England than in the United States. I was under the impression that eccentricity is common there, but it seems I'm mistaken from the reports I read.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 1:00 pm

I'm with Kosmonaut. I have no idea. I can't really tell (unless it's super obvious), so I tend to assume the worst, which prevents me from talking to anyone most of the time, and prevents anything from developing past polite conversation.

Actually...I'm editing this. I *THINK* I come across sometimes as cold (even though I'm not), and a little weird, but people seem to trust me and I think like me okay.

And like TellerStar, when I was growing up, I usually got on with older people better than people my own age (which worried my mom).
I've since read that that's common for people with AS.

Graelwyn wrote:
I don't know, but I seem to draw attention wherever I go, that is for sure. People seem to be drawn to stare at me naturally, even when I am dressed perfectly normally.

Well of course, you have those beautiful WINGS! :wink:

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2007, 1:08 pm

It depends on the situation definitely. If not at work, people think I'm young, naive, cute, inexperienced, etc. Even at work that happens at times, but if it is a project I am on then they find me cold, impersonal, intimidating, arrogant, pushy, abrasive, etc. I don't use platitudes and I don't show emotion at all (unless someone startles me and then it's completely out of line with what happened). In real life, my friends are highly intellectual and eccentric so they don't chit chat and neither do I or my dh. If I happen to get around people like that, they think I am odd, but because of the rest of my appearance and actions, I think they put it down to the first set of opinions.

People generally love me or hate me. Their reactions to me often shock me.