Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Purplepolkadots
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Apr 2016, 11:46 pm

Does anyone else here experience extreme paranoia?
Mine tends to be about things I've said on the internet, and I've basically deleted every online account I've had and purged all my personal details (I'll regret this post later). I'm not even sure what I'm hiding everything from. Future employers? Future persecutors? I have no idea.
Hoe do you tend to deal with it? :?

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2016, 11:58 pm

I have a bit of it in relation to being pretty avoidant in general. In my real-life online accounts I usually omit all personal details as much as possible, and never use a photo anywhere. There are a few blogs that I used to comment on occasionally, but when they started requiring log-ins for posting (instead of allowing anonymous comments) I stopped.

If you have a Google account, they have a pretty good privacy checkup system that lets you see what is publicly accessible:

https://myaccount.google.com/privacycheckup/

There Are Four Lights!

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2016, 4:14 pm

I do. I'm constantly worried about things, from the smallest thing to the biggest thing. It's never ending.

Been this way for about 4 years now, some days are good, some are worse than others.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Apr 2016, 1:13 am

I had it when I was in my 1st relationship because of my anxiety & it developed into psychotic depression. I believed things were going on that weren't, I put things together that were unrelated to each other & I worried that people might could hear my thoughts or were plotting against me. I spent the next 5 years on psych meds including an antidepressant, an antipsychotic, & Lithium. I became less paranoid as my depression very gradually lifted but I didn't feel fully better until I weaned myself off all the meds. Years later I developed something kinda like a delusional disorder related to a celebrity crush & after a couple years I became paranoid that something bad would happen to her. I was taking an anxiety & an OCD med that were helping my other issues alot(& I'm still on em). I started a low dose of the antipsychotic Haldol/Haloperidol & I quit worrying.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BanjoSuzy
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Apr 2016, 5:44 pm

I delete things, profiles, messages, and obsess over every little thing. I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder which causes me to obsess about something and need to "fix" it or neutralize the threat. I highly recommend the book You Are Not Your Brain. Read it and try to follow it. I've improved so much this year because of that book.