Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Xan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2007, 3:19 pm

how is a person with AS diffrent from the norm physicaly ?

both on the macro scale and on the cell stage ?

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 3:22 pm

Apparently ear malformations are common among aspies.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 3:56 pm

I have a funny little bump next to my left ear, making it assymetrical to my right.. I always thought it was my alien implant.

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 4:27 pm

in physiognomy, i didnt notice any anomalies whatsoever - in terms of neurological differences: we are far from remotely understanding the tiniest fragment of the brain - and even if, what makes the difference is how the person ticks different from other people, not a neurological reason.

chairbreak
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Apr 2007, 4:31 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I have a funny little bump next to my left ear, making it assymetrical to my right.. I always thought it was my alien implant.

I have that too 8O

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 5:49 pm

chairbreak wrote:
poopylungstuffing wrote:

I have that too 8O

I think that's known as an "ear tag". Lots of people have them. It's just something that happens when you're developing in the womb. Many people with hearing loss have ear tags, because it can be a sign that the ears didn't develop correctly. However, loads of people have them who have normal hearing.

In regards to the rest of the post, here's what I know. People with right hemisphere brain damage have many symptoms similar to autistic/Aspie symptoms, except more severe and associated with other problems. Also, Asperger's has a lot in common with NLD, which is considered to be a white-matter disorder. The right hemisphere of the brain has more white matter than the left, so NLDers usually manifest deficits in areas of functioning controlled by the right hemisphere. I've also read things suggesting that NLDers and Aspies might have some kind of "callosal agenesis", which means that the corpus callosum, which connects the two hemispheres (and which is made up of white matter) didn't form correctly/fully. Interestingly, NLD can also develop as a result of trauma to the brain, for instance an infection or a brain injury.
However, a way to screen for Asperger's or NLD using brain-imaging equipment has not yet been developed.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 6:17 pm

I think all around we mainly differ neurologically. I do have Coordination problems bigtime!

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 6:17 pm

I think all around we mainly differ neurologically. I do have Coordination problems bigtime!

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

26 Apr 2007, 6:56 pm

i wouldnt think anyone with as has a different body type, different features? yes. i have big doe eyes, and a frankenstien forhead and im skinny if you must know.. 8O