Testing testing Testing. Vashakaran snake oil bargain.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2016, 6:58 am

This is just a test.

I get captchas interfering with making posts. And they interfere with posts on existing threads. I only rarely start threads with original posts.

I am just curious to see if I can make an original post on WP, and see if I get captchas, or not.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2016, 7:04 am

Didnt get the captchas!

It just let me go right ahead and make an original post.

That lends support to my theory about captchas: that they only come into play on response posts to existing threads, and never appear on original posts.

The trouble with that is that ALL of this spam we get is in the form of bots making original posts. So the captchas hassle us legit members from making legit posts, but mever even come into play when a spambot attacks.

So whats the point of having the captchas?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2016, 7:06 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Didnt get the captchas!

That lends support to my theory about captchas: that they only come into play on response posts to existing threads, and never appear on original posts.

The trouble with that is that ALL of this spam we get is in the form of bots making original posts. So the captchas hassle us legit members from making legit posts, but mever even come into play when a spambot attacks.

In all fairness^this post also went through with out getting a captcha. And it was a response post, and not an original post.

But you often get the captca when your response post quotes another post like I am doing here.

Lets see if I get a captcha THIS time.

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2016, 7:12 am

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us ... e-visitor-

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2016, 7:14 am

naturalplastic wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Didnt get the captchas!

Whadaya know?

You get captchas when you dont want them. But when you try to get one, you dont get them! Lol!

I notice that when I pause a long to think about what writing in a post it causes the system to hit me with a captcha. You dont get them when you post quickly.

Lets try this by keeping the window open while I ponder something to test what happens.

Lets see if i can recall the Gettysburg Address.

Four score and seven years ago today our forefathers brought forth upon this continent a new nation conceived in liberty. We are now embroiled in a great civil war which tests whether or not a nation so conceived can long endure.

History will not long remember anything said here today.

But folks will never forget what was done here (ie all of these men dying here).

Well- thats the ghist of the Gettysburg address.

Lets see what happens when I post it.

See if I get a captcha.

In all fairness^this post also went through with out getting a captcha. And it was a response post, and not an original post.

But you often get the captca when your response post quotes another post like I am doing here.

Lets see if I get a captcha THIS time.

The quote blocks got messed up. My fault. But again I got captchas.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2016, 7:24 am

ZD wrote:
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/203366080-Why-do-I-see-a-captcha-or-challenge-page-Attention-Required-trying-to-visit-a-site-protected-by-CloudFlare-as-a-site-visitor-

Interesting.

Sometime I will take time to look up why I get captchas on that link.

But folks who get captchas seem to be the rule, and not the exception. And the captchas dont seem to be stopping the spammers.

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2016, 7:26 am

TBH I rarely see capthas. But some posts do trigger maybe review the content rules on cloudflare

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2016, 7:33 am

Try making an original post with more than two paragraphs, and copious amounts of quotes, dashes, etc.

See what happens then.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2016, 3:08 pm

You spelled vashikaran wrong. :shameonyou: You're a crap spammer. :)