Vlog about NT's not taking you seriously

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 5:27 pm

I learned a new trick to the R word. As it turns out the R word is not a noun but a verb which means that it's an action. You can turn that on people "You wouldn't call someone a verb like that. So what is the definition of the "R" word?

spinelli
Toucan
Toucan

26 Apr 2016, 10:48 am

You sound just fine. I make it a practice to take everyone seriously. It's rude not to. Just keep being the person you are .

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 1:27 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
green0star wrote:
I don't get it, do people literally think we're all drooling moronic zombies or what???

Well, there are a lot of people who use "autistic" interchangeably with "ret*d" as an insult, and most people don't know much about what autism really is which is why so many people go undiagnosed for so long.

Yea that does make a lot of sense, many uninformed people out there it seems.

Summer_Twilight wrote:
I learned a new trick to the R word. As it turns out the R word is not a noun but a verb which means that it's an action. You can turn that on people "You wouldn't call someone a verb like that. So what is the definition of the "R" word?

Wish I had picked up on that back in middle school when I needed it.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 7:55 am

Me too.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 2:38 pm

People are condescending to me too. I've dealt with people that treat me like a little kid by not having adult conversations with me or they won't swear around me. These people get offended if I swear. My grandparents are some of the worst offenders. If my sister or I post something that has a swear word on Facebook, my grandparents get all bent out of shape. If my 42 year old neurotypical aunt swears on Facebook, my grandparents don't care. The other thing people like to do is complain to my parents if my sister or I do or say something they don't like. If they have a problem with me or my sister, they should speak to us directly instead of whining to our parents.