Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Roadfury
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Apr 2016, 4:37 am

Hi this my first port on here

So why full hate well I been going to this church from August last year.
I pretty shy and they few people but they few people that not said word to me.
They been many times they ofter come in conversation on having someone ask them something but not ever look at me
They one woman i only just found out them name 2 weeks ago.
There are some people that talk to me on the 2nd week i came but noting like I got some disease
Also bit loud they so don't often here to well like many of us

Now often in a lot of services they say love each other and if it's had a chance and on Sunday one really good one about even people with disabilities can become unlikely heroes and in that when I was encourage to go reach out to people especially the season Christian's have been Christian for a fair few years now

Yeah I thought that was all great now but I don't see happening. I see other people that new been talk to and I only get a hand few people they often too busy with other stuff out of the and I miss out after I've been rejected due to my Aspergers I do have to be on out in public but that's just me I'm not that bad

I have join bible study too so that have't help
One pastors own i on the spectrum it understands it's a bit difficult for me talking to people in there
Told him I feel like you're saying one thing but everyone else does the other thing and just a nose whatever he says

I was just told to go and love them back that doesn't help me much

I thought you should be a safe haven for people rejected for society doesn't seem that way things to do more damage than good

Maple78
Raven
Raven

12 Apr 2016, 8:10 am

So what's all this have to do with Jesus? Your complaints are all about the people, I didn't see you say anything about Jesus.

The church is full of sinners. Jesus said He came for the sinners, not the righteous. You have met them! They may be trying to live by certain beliefs, but they are all failing in various areas in various ways - this will occur all of their life. The safe haven isn't the other people - the safe haven is Jesus, He is a spiritual safe haven.

It isn't a social safe haven for the rejected - the same people are there that you'd meet on the street, and they don't know you, and they don't understand you, and if you aren't behaving typically and are sending atypical signs verbally or non-verbally, they are going to be afraid of you or confused by you. Those people aren't ready to be in relationship with you, they don't know how. If there are people there who can learn to be in relationship with you, those are the people you need to be friends with.

However, the point of church isn't a social club - the safe haven isn't the people, it is Jesus - that's the only reason to be there is for Him. The people are spiritually sick sinners, normal broken people. They will always let you down. Whether you realize it or not, being atypical, we are also "letting them down", meaning we aren't meeting their expectations either. There is a gap, and sometimes it is difficult to bridge.

For the social aspect, I wish you could find a person or people who are comfortable around you and can serve as mediator or buffer. But if you don't like it there, you can also always try different churches. But I think it's best to keep in mind that it isn't a social club. There are many who treat it that way, and for them, it can seem to work out - they go and they fit in and they socialize! But they are also missing the point.

Also....note that Jesus was crucified, many of his followers were martyred, and He tells us to take up our cross and follow him. So the "safety" of the safe haven may not be according to what you expect. So imho, the only reasons to go to church is if you really believe that Jesus is who He says He is, you want to be in relationship with Him, and/or you want to follow Him. That last part can be hard to do and can take a lot of time. A nun once told me that true self-denial can feel like being skinned alive. This isn't the kind of thing that most people want to sign up for. I think one example may even be people not being willing to overcome their misgivings or nervousness or whatever and get to know you. Though you didn't sign up for it, I think you got a taste of what Jesus felt like - He was ridiculed and lonely, ostracized, betrayed, abandoned. Why would you hate Him based on your experience at the church, knowing that He was someone who knew how you felt and had undergone much suffering? It sounds like misdirected anger against the one person (if you believe) who would be your friend. And then there's the catch - when you follow Jesus, some of what you will taste is what He tasted in life, and it was bitter. Even some of the saints were persecuted within their churches. Anyway, I don't say all of this as an excuse to stay at a church where people aren't even being friendly at all - maybe you can find a more friendly church, but just know that the people there will still be messed up sinners and will let you down sometimes, so don't expect it to be a social safe haven, and expect other difficulties to arise while there, interpersonal or otherwise.

Roadfury
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Apr 2016, 9:34 am

Your right they like same people on the street just the same.

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 4:42 am

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 6:01 am

Please remember that Jesus has nothing to do with how the schmucks in your congregation act.

There must be some reason why Christianity still holds such sway 2,000 years after the time of Jesus.

It's certainly not because of the average idiot, or the average preacher/reverend/minister/whatever.

It's because some people were able to use the teachings of Jesus for great works.

So don't blame Jesus--blame the people in the congregations of today who doctor/adulterate Jesus' teachings for their own benefit.

By the way, I'm an agnostic, though I believe in many of the moral teachings of various religions.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 6:32 am

If you must hate something Christian, then hate Paul (formerly Saul of Tarsis). He was a sinister creep who set out to destroy Christianity. His epistles to the the various Christian groups were ultimately incorporated into the so-called New Testament. Bingo! Paul hit the mark. He replaced what cousin Jesus had to say with his own perverted non-sense, such as denying works (i.e. deeds) and substituting Faith. Now we have Paulianity not Christianity.

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 12:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Please remember that Jesus has nothing to do with how the schmucks in your congregation act.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 1:23 pm

Most likely if Jesus existed, he didn't believe he was the son of god.

In fact these Messiah stories were not unique, it was a method of political subversion, were few avenues for political change existed. Emphasis on political, not religious. This is not the only resurrection story of this period. There were more popular moments than the Jesus movement. However there is no contemporary evidence of this movement only after the fact.

Overall such a guy wasn't all that bad compatibly, the bad was roman rule, local ruler and the morality Hebrew God.

It seem to escaped many that the morality of the New Testament and Old Tenement do not tally. What he taught would obviously be a subversion of what came before.

Study the actual archeology of this period and you will learn more.

Study the archeology of Judea. This was a polytheistic offshoot of Canaanite culture. The move toward monotheism was more to do with not wanting the enemies god's worshiped. This was very much a regional religion and regional God at the time.