Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 1:16 pm

I saw that before. Waht's funny is that I'm old enough to remember when any product from Japan was 'Junk'. Then they started to innovate.

China has been following the same path.

This was a clever idea and solves an issue. But, only if there is rain.

We should be harnessing energy all around us. I wonder how much energy is lost just by not harnessing the force of people walking on surfaces.

Practically every exposed surface should be extracting what is now wasted energy.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 3:04 pm

it would be just the thing for the rainy pacific northwest where I live. I wonder how much it would cost to put piezo-electric sensors in sidewalks all over, I suspect expensive to have to rip all that concrete up, it would have to be for new cities and new communities, from scratch.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 4:18 pm

auntblabby wrote:
it would be just the thing for the rainy pacific northwest where I live. I wonder how much it would cost to put piezo-electric sensors in sidewalks all over, I suspect expensive to have to rip all that concrete up, it would have to be for new cities and new communities, from scratch.
The expense would be in running the wiring. They are constantly tearing things up- here and replacing them. But, I was thinking in buildings and homes. There's just too much potential energy we just don't harvest.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 4:23 pm

zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
The expense would be in running the wiring. They are constantly tearing things up- here and replacing them. But, I was thinking in buildings and homes. There's just too much potential energy we just don't harvest.

if they figured out how to paint piezo-electric stuff on the roadways, a lot of juice could come from that. same for houses and apartments/office buildings etc.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 4:26 pm

auntblabby wrote:
zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

if they figured out how to paint piezo-electric stuff on the roadways, a lot of juice could come from that. same for houses and apartments/office buildings etc.
The piezo-electric stuff has been bandied about for years. What irks me is that there are a lot things shot down in Amuuuurica that are implemented elsewhere to great effect. Things here that are not implemented because of immediate cost are paying for themselves faster than originally planned for in energy savings alone.

Just so many ways to harvest so much wasted energy.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 4:51 pm

zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

The piezo-electric stuff has been bandied about for years. What irks me is that there are a lot things shot down in Amuuuurica that are implemented elsewhere to great effect. Things here that are not implemented because of immediate cost are paying for themselves faster than originally planned for in energy savings alone. Just so many ways to harvest so much wasted energy.

amuuricans have a worldwide reputation for being penny-wise but pound-foolish.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 4:55 pm

That would be useful where I live. I doubt that anyone will bother to try implementing it, though.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 5:01 pm

it will, as is the usual situation here, be up to individual businesses and wealthy individuals to implement this piecemeal, outside of the commons.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 9:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:
it will, as is the usual situation here, be up to individual businesses and wealthy individuals to implement this piecemeal, outside of the commons.
What really gets me is that there are other countries that have done these things and the rewards are outpacing projections overall in paying for themselves.

Why in the world these idiots just don't do things here boggles my mind. The example has been set and proven. At what point are the 'big boys and girls' or, more colloquially known, TPTB...The Powers That Be going to stop whining and collecting corporate welfare and do what is need to actually be productive again.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 9:11 pm

zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
What really gets me is that there are other countries that have done these things and the rewards are outpacing projections overall in paying for themselves.

Why in the world these idiots just don't do things here boggles my mind. The example has been set and proven. At what point are the 'big boys and girls' or, more colloquially known, TPTB...The Powers That Be going to stop whining and collecting corporate welfare and do what is need to actually be productive again.

because they really don't give a damn about the 99%. the religious wing nuts among them think they're the elect that are gonna be taken up to heaven in the rapture, leaving the rest of us to suffer in hell. james watt said there was no reason to care about the earth, for that reason. that is the mentality in operation in this country right now.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 9:16 pm

auntblabby wrote:
zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

because they really don't give a damn about the 99%. the religious wing nuts among them think they're the elect that are gonna be taken up to heaven in the rapture, leaving the rest of us to suffer in hell. james watt said there was no reason to care about the earth, for that reason. that is the mentality in operation in this country right now.
I honestly don't know if this actually the right wingers or not.

As for the rapture, wel...been there, it was boring...came back...LOL

No, I remember several times when people quit their jobs, went to mountain tops and waited for the rapture, only to have to return and eat their pride.

What gets me is that they still keep believing these people. And the leaders just say 'oops...sorry you lost your job and the house is foreclosed....BTW, it was just revealed that the new date is on Oct. 32, please donate for your seat on the rock....."

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 9:29 pm

zkydz wrote:
I honestly don't know if this actually the right wingers or not. As for the rapture, wel...been there, it was boring...came back...LOL No, I remember several times when people quit their jobs, went to mountain tops and waited for the rapture, only to have to return and eat their pride. What gets me is that they still keep believing these people. And the leaders just say 'oops...sorry you lost your job and the house is foreclosed....BTW, it was just revealed that the new date is on Oct. 32, please donate for your seat on the rock....."

"we have met the enemy, and he is us." pogo said it decades ago, and it still hasn't made the news.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 10:30 pm

auntblabby wrote:
zkydz wrote:
I honestly don't know if this actually the right wingers or not. As for the rapture, wel...been there, it was boring...came back...LOL No, I remember several times when people quit their jobs, went to mountain tops and waited for the rapture, only to have to return and eat their pride. What gets me is that they still keep believing these people. And the leaders just say 'oops...sorry you lost your job and the house is foreclosed....BTW, it was just revealed that the new date is on Oct. 32, please donate for your seat on the rock....."

"we have met the enemy, and he is us." pogo said it decades ago, and it still hasn't made the news.
The date was not a typo...LOL...That was my version of the new double speak.....Just say anything and see if it sticks.

And, yep, big, big Pogo fan.
Even have traveled through the Okefenokee swamp a few times with all the 'gators and other critters....

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 10:42 pm

zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
zkydz wrote:

The date was not a typo...LOL...That was my version of the new double speak.....Just say anything and see if it sticks.
And, yep, big, big Pogo fan. Even have traveled through the Okefenokee swamp a few times with all the 'gators and other critters....

gosh :oops: I didn't even notice it was the 32nd! :oops: I mighta been one of them rubes who just went "DUUHHH" and went along, at least for a while. :nerdy:
anyways, it is illustrative of the big lie- repeat it long enough and enough of the 99% will believe it is on the 32nd, they just have to believe in it strongly enough to make it so.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 10:59 pm

auntblabby wrote:
zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
zkydz wrote:

And, yep, big, big Pogo fan. Even have traveled through the Okefenokee swamp a few times with all the 'gators and other critters....

gosh :oops: I didn't even notice it was the 32nd! :oops: I mighta been one of them rubes who just went "DUUHHH" and went along, at least for a while. :nerdy:
anyways, it is illustrative of the big lie- repeat it long enough and enough of the 99% will believe it is on the 32nd, they just have to believe in it strongly enough to make it so.
My favorite lie is how you can be setup to where things are put in a way that you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

It's happened to me many times. I am sure it is my limitation that allows it. But, shame on the hucksters that have plagued my life.

I wanna win the lottery.

Buy enough land that there is at least a quarter mile of wooded barrier between myself and the closest person to me. Slowly cultivate a better way of life...find the magic lamp...get three wishes, ride the magic linoleum and start at the top and work my way down to taming bigfoot for the Discovery Channel.

Wow...that took forever to specifically write that nonsense.....so, why, when I try to make sense, it comes out nearly that bad anyway? LOL

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13