Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Illmindofmarc
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Apr 2016, 7:13 pm

Hello.

My brother was diagnosed with Aspergers 6 weeks ago. I've been in a depressed state for aprox 2 years now, i've been thinking all kind of things but nothing hitted me harder than Asperger's but now when i've had the idea of having it for over a month things are starting to fall apart, simply because all the issues people have, i can't relate to them.

I have humor, I have friends, I enjoy social interactions, I do/like all normal stuff

All tho, i also have some traits of Asperger (hyperfocus and some more that can be related) all tho I've come across that I could also have Borderline, Marked Passive-aggresive, Cluster B "Dramatic", schizophrena, HPD and PPD.

I have an insane self-esteem and might be "ambient" towards my flexability in my personality ..

- I Don't know my self anymore and i know these test online doesn't workout in real life / compared to proffesional help but when i read on topics/forum i have intense the same troubles and many of the issues they struggle with..

Just wanna know if anybody else have the same scenario?

IS IT POSSIBLE TO SUFFER FROM ALL THESE DISORDERS?

need help,

best regard

Illmindofmarc
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Apr 2016, 7:14 pm

Addon |

I know some of my issues can be related to other disorders, but how can i know for sure? <- That's why i need a psychiatrist but the b***h wont see me more than once every 2nd week.

I'm going to tell her that i need her 1-2 times a week, and if she can't manage it i will find another

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2016, 7:29 pm

Write your thoughts down, share them with your doctor next time you see her.

And what does PPD stand for? Postpartum depression? You can't have that unless you have had a baby because that is only onset after giving birth and only women can have it so you can rule this out.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Illmindofmarc
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Apr 2016, 7:42 pm

PPD was Paranoid - p - disorder/depression :D

I've been writing all my thoughts/great debeates down when i came across them for 2 weeks now going to see her wdnesday.

It's almost 1400 characters tho.. doubt 1 hour will be enough :oops:

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2016, 7:51 pm

Illmindofmarc wrote:
PPD was Paranoid - p - disorder/depression :D

I've been writing all my thoughts/great debeates down when i came across them for 2 weeks now going to see her wdnesday.

It's almost 1400 characters tho.. doubt 1 hour will be enough :oops:

Hand your therapist the sheet of paper and tell him/her that because your problems are so interesting you're going to have to charge him/her for the time...if anything, just to see the reaction.

Illmindofmarc
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Apr 2016, 7:57 pm

I'll try.

The first thing she said to me was "this is your room, act like you feel"

- That made me some how feel like I was no where going to be myself i couldn't get into the person i am. (first time being there and all that happend was me explaing my life story (of what i knew/could come up with)

She even doubted me having aspergers she said "you might have some traits" b***h made me confused as f. :?

Im going to take your advice and be a bit rude/confront next time.

*EDIT

I'm also thinking that i've made a mistake by taking all these tests / readings that i just put myself up to have all sort of problems that i dont have, and just having a serve depression and even being NT..

I've always felt diffrent. But i was also the tough guy all my life learned to hide my feelings cause of my Group of friends and had a "criminal" way of life.. s**t life gives some real headaces... :roll:

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2016, 9:05 pm

Lol, I was joking btw...but if you are going to be confrontational, my idea would be a funny way of going about it. :lol:

mummymunt
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2016, 10:31 pm

Being confrontational about it won't help anyone and will probably get you kicked out. Referring to her as a b***h constantly isn't great, either. If you don't like her, go see someone else. If she's the only one you're able to see, think for a minute about the fact that she has devoted her life to mental health issues and probably knows a bit more about it than someone who took a bunch of online tests. That's not to say that all doctors are good at their jobs, or that all of them should actually be doctors, but odds are she knows more than you do. If you behave in your sessions the way you come across in your posts here, you're not going to get much help from anyone.

Chill out for a while, do something that has nothing to do with any of this, and then approach it with a fresh mind. Immersing yourself in it all the way you seem to be doing isn't healthy. And remember, you have to work WITH your doctor(s) to help you get better. It's not all on them. If you don't cooperate and participate, you will fail. Guaranteed.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 2:06 am

The next time you see your doctor, ask her if she has any experience diagnosing any of the conditions you suspect yourself of having. If she doesn't, see if you can get a referral to someone who does (perhaps even the doctor who diagnosed your brother). The only way you're ever going to know for sure if there's anything about you which requires a diagnosis and support is if you go to a professional and have them evaluate you. I know how tangled and confused I felt before getting diagnosed, swinging back and forth between, "I must be autistic and I really need help with X, Y and Z," and, "I'm just a lazy NT who's not trying hard enough to get where she wants to go". Receiving my diagnosis was essentially the equivalent of someone taking a pair of scissors to the massive snarl of fishing line that was my thoughts and emotions, and cutting me free.

If you're not in a position to get a diagnosis (financially or because your parents won't help), what I found helpful was to organize the problems I felt I had, then address them one at a time. For instance, I knew I had problems with sensitive hearing, so I bought some headphones and set up social boundaries for myself and others about the types of noise I would tolerate being exposed to. When I realized that flapping, rocking, and various hand-held stim toys helped alleviate some of my excessive anxiety, I used them without compunction. I didn't need a diagnosis to fix either of those problems, and it made my life easier in the interim.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Illmindofmarc
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Apr 2016, 8:23 am

I see. My brother lives in another "state" so won't be an idea and hes 12 years younger.

- I got an insurance from my company where i can viist a psychoterapist 12 times /year

I just can't make sense of actually having autism. I'm getting these thoughts whenever i think about it:

Should ALL theres having similiar problems as me be autistic too?
Everybody who copes my reactions/way of speech would be autistic too?
I can see alot of people struggle the same way I do.

One major issue i just discovered a couple days ago is what if im just having a rough time/depression for the first time of my NT-life?

I've always had a quite easy hand on things, could talk anybody out of anything/into and could answer anybody the way i wanted (for respons)

Some how i feel i can still manage to do these things, but something is stopping me thinking clearly (i can't even be in a convecation for more than 5-15 sec anymore, and i used to have full focus all the time) I was nearly on the edge to do something dumb before all this with my brother getting diagnosed.. Then i thought i must have Asperger's but as I've read on the subject im more similar to borderline/passive-aggresive and having paranoid personality (some traits of psycho too)

*EDIT

I' know tests on the internet aren't trustworthy but i've scored below autistic in most of them?

but anyway im going to tell my therapist i need to see her more, and im going there this friday.. :D

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 8:33 am

It would be crazy for someone with autism to see a therapist twice a week--we can't handle that much social interaction.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 9:02 am

Illmindofmarc wrote:
I have humor, I have friends, I enjoy social interactions, I do/like all normal stuff

It doesn't sound to me like you have Aspergers, you might have some "traits" but there is a lot of crossover with a lot of conditions. This is why you need to stop taking on-line tests, stop self-diagnosing and see a professional. If that professional doesn't think you have Aspergers either then you probably don't.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 9:22 am

Probably Asperger's syndrome or as of the DSM V A.S.D.. They often get misdiagnosis that aren't what they are actually have (E.G. Asthma instead of Malnutrition.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 9:24 am

Never mind probably don't missed a section. :oops:

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 12:04 pm

StarTrekker wrote:
The next time you see your doctor, ask her if she has any experience diagnosing any of the conditions you suspect yourself of having. If she doesn't, see if you can get a referral to someone who does (perhaps even the doctor who diagnosed your brother). The only way you're ever going to know for sure if there's anything about you which requires a diagnosis and support is if you go to a professional and have them evaluate you. I know how tangled and confused I felt before getting diagnosed, swinging back and forth between, "I must be autistic and I really need help with X, Y and Z," and, "I'm just a lazy NT who's not trying hard enough to get where she wants to go". Receiving my diagnosis was essentially the equivalent of someone taking a pair of scissors to the massive snarl of fishing line that was my thoughts and emotions, and cutting me free.

If you're not in a position to get a diagnosis (financially or because your parents won't help), what I found helpful was to organize the problems I felt I had, then address them one at a time. For instance, I knew I had problems with sensitive hearing, so I bought some headphones and set up social boundaries for myself and others about the types of noise I would tolerate being exposed to. When I realized that flapping, rocking, and various hand-held stim toys helped alleviate some of my excessive anxiety, I used them without compunction. I didn't need a diagnosis to fix either of those problems, and it made my life easier in the interim.

^^This is all good advice and I second everything StarTrekker said.

Specifically- The person who diagnosed your brother can probably recommend someone in your area who is familiar with the autism spectrum. "You might have some traits" sounds to me like the lady intended to go look some things up before she sees you next.

Try the things that StarTrekker mentioned and see if they make you feel any better. If you feel a little better using some tried and true autism coping techniques, that's evidence that you are indeed on the spectrum.

Try to isolate the types of things that bother you, or cause you stress, and use your own coping mechanisms to feel better. Later on that will be more evidence to take when you find someone experienced with diagnosing people. You can say "I tried THIS and it didn't help, but then I tried THAT and it did help."