Do you think you'll grow up to be a crazy old cat lady?

Page 5 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Will you be a crazy old cat lady when you're really old?
Yes! I will have many, many kitties at an old age! 77%  77%  [ 121 ]
Nah, I don't want any pets when I'm old. 6%  6%  [ 10 ]
I won't have any pets, but I will be a crazy old lady! 17%  17%  [ 26 ]
Total votes : 157

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2007, 7:17 pm

I've decided I want to be a crazy old snake lady. Far scarier. :twisted:

Darling
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Dec 2007, 4:06 pm

everyone says i'll end up like that 0.0 which is scary really lol. but at least i know someone fancies me :oops: =]

samsplanet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2007, 10:05 am

I love my 2 cats, and both of them recently had a litter of 5 kittens each, so I have 12 cats at the moment. Bit peeved though, they were re-homing cats and I was told they'd both been spayed. Apparently not... :roll:

I understand cats, they do what I do- if someone touches them and they don't feel like being touched, they'll get up and walk away. If they want to be indecisive, they will just stand and stare at the open door while everyone else freezes, ad they'll be picky about their food and get away with it.

OH says I'll be a crazy cat lady, this is my life plan!!

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 8:00 am

I have 5 cats, so I think I can be considered a Crazy Cat Girl

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 3:09 pm

Check this out. :lol:

The Crazy Cat Lady Action Figure

http://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Cat-Lady-Ac ... B0006GKJ7C

Who wants one? I do, I do! :lol: :lol:

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2008, 3:36 pm

:lol: That's funny!

mel01
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2008, 1:00 am

i have a dog and my kids have pets i really seem to relate to animals but the responsability seems to get a bit overwhelming at timezs

JustJen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Feb 2008, 9:28 pm

I joke about this frequently with people that know me well! I have four cats right now and know that I will always have cats. I can understand and appreciate their moods and they seem to do the same for me. On really bad days for me sometimes the only thing that makes me feel better is spending time with them. They always seem to know when I am sick or need comforting. I have always felt more comfortable with animals than people. I may already classify as the crazy cat lady :roll:

Shastania
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Feb 2008, 11:03 pm

I plan to grow old disgracefully! :D

MsJ

19 Feb 2008, 8:27 pm

I am already crazy and I have 3 cats - no desire for more than that number.

I think the ideal number of cats is 2, really. I'm into giving my furry roommates quality time, and when you've got 3, it starts to get a little overwhelming - especially when you're immersed in some obsession (as I generally am). Plus have a boyfriend who, although he is pretty low maintenance, still requires a modicum of attention. So yeah, I have no desire to have a clowder of kitties.

That said, one of my lifelong goals is to eventually establish a self-supporting cat rescue (IOW, one NOT located at my house!! An official non-profit, paperwork and all). Plus, one of my cats has her own website (http://www.sparklecat.com), with a diary, advice column, book review section, plus her own merchandise line and an award-winning book. So, er, I guess this brings me back to the beginning of my post... I already am crazy. 8O
-J.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 3:23 pm

Cat-as-trophy topic

More like cats as trophies!

Lots of plants, two cats, a dog and maybe a fish in a small aquarium--this sounds like good company at my retirement.

Right now it is one plant, three fish in an aquarium, one cat and two dogs. Not too much difference, but the more, the messier. :roll:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2008, 8:14 pm

I hope I'll be able to live in a place that would allow cats. I would love to have the company of kitties. On the other hand, they would have to be fixed and I'd have to be able to afford their lifestyle. They'd have to be fixed so disease wouldn't spread. Other than that, yep, an old lady with kitty cats hehehehehe.

ClosetAspy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2008, 2:37 pm

I already am. And also a crazy old Spider Lady. People bring me spiders and I let them go in my garden.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 8:52 pm

Our family adopted cat number ten around Christmas. She's a Calico we named C.C. Not original, but appropriate. Her name means Calico Cat, Christmas Cat, and Cute Cat.

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

01 Mar 2008, 10:48 pm

I have 2 cats, but that's my max. I'm definitely already considered an "eccentric". These cats will probably be around until I'm in my 40s, and then I'll probably get another pair. These 2 are best friends...I wouldn't want to muck up my house's "ecosystem".

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2008, 3:31 pm

gypsyRN wrote:
I have 2 cats, but that's my max. I'm definitely already considered an "eccentric". These cats will probably be around until I'm in my 40s, and then I'll probably get another pair. These 2 are best friends...I wouldn't want to muck up my house's "ecosystem".

I'm probably already a crazy old cat lady. I own four indoor cats and have twelve that hang around outside. I live in a rural area and people keep dumping them on our property, so I feed them - can't let the poor things starve. Maybe I'll revise my original statement: I'm a crazed middle-age cat lady. Not ready to call myself 'old' yet...

I also have 4 dogs, two snakes, various birds and about 90 goats. I want to get a horse, but my husband is fighting me on that one. He thinks they're too expensive, and he's probably right.