Do you think you'll grow up to be a crazy old cat lady?

Page 6 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Will you be a crazy old cat lady when you're really old?
Yes! I will have many, many kitties at an old age! 77%  77%  [ 121 ]
Nah, I don't want any pets when I'm old. 6%  6%  [ 10 ]
I won't have any pets, but I will be a crazy old lady! 17%  17%  [ 26 ]
Total votes : 157

KRIZDA88
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Mar 2008, 8:08 pm

I hope I get married sometime between now and then but I definitely want lots of kitties. I LOVE kitties, I want at least two kitties for myself as soon as I get my own place. I miss my kitties so much when I'm at school. But thanks to Prissy's (our fat old lady cat who lives inside) love of laying on clean clothes I always have her hair with me to remember her by, and Peep (our outdoor kitty who is still as adorable as she was as a kitten and she knows it) always leaves me with pin sized holes in my legs where she used her claws to get onto my lap or where she kneaded my leg as a sign of "affection"). Ahh...I WANT MY KITTIES!! !! Prissy has such a unique personality it will be sad when she passes away the house will never be the same, shes at least 13 years old probably older but open a can a friskies and she'll run like the wind (she also gets hyper at time and gallops around the house sounding like a herd of elephants). And Peep, well she's just cute, well except when she's eating mouse guts. When she wants inside she uses the pads of her feet on the glass door and makes a squeaky sound, then when you let her in she runs to the rug in front of the door leading to the garage and flops down and makes herself look as cute as possible is hopes that you will pet her for a while before sending her out to the garage. Anyway, I digress...

-Bigfoot IS blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer?s
fault. He's a large, out-of-focus monster, and that's extra scary to me.

-If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2008, 6:15 am

I AM a crazy old cat lady.... :)

Seriously, I currently only have one cat, but if/when I retire, I can see myself with many more.

marmotta
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Mar 2008, 8:43 am

I have 2 cats, three bunnies. I don't see my husband being able to tolerate me into my retirement years...so I do intend to have at least two cats.

Jannih
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jul 2008, 2:13 pm

I shan't be waiting until I'm old . I already am a mad cat lady.

Jannih

SIXLUCY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 2:15 pm

Me too

RAAR Hungry Lioness rip your head off

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 5:56 pm

YES! Crazy Cat lady FTW!

silly_rabbi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jul 2008, 9:00 pm

Already on my way there. Four cats at the moment...and when I do move out, I have to get a companion for my cat, she hates being alone. So if I can afford it, and have a generous landlord/own house, I'd probably have five or six.

Random tangent: I can't stand sharing a bed with another person, but cats? I love having my cats with me at night, especially in winter. Well, except when they start to do their clawing to get me up to feed 'em. That I could do without.

Argon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jul 2008, 7:39 am

I have 4 cats, think I'm already there lol.

Hythloday
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Jul 2008, 2:44 pm

Lupine wrote:
I plan on being a crazy old dog lady. Or maybe spider lady. Or weird plant lady. The possibilities are endless.

Right now, I'm the weird plant lady, but when we are able to move into a place that can accommodate pets, I'll be the weird cat lady with a couple of lovebirds and maybe throw in a shetland sheep dog for fun and profit.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 1:18 pm

Interesting discussion. I have a bird, so I can't have cats. (NO CAT!) No dogs either because of my allergies, and also because of my intense dislike of poop and pee on flooring. But to each their own, for individual home decorating preferences may differ.

I met one of these "crazy cat ladies" once, and I know some other people who are also probably classifyable as animal hoarders. It's actually a pathological state that sometimes even endangers the animal hoarder, and many of them probably are crazy. Keeping dozens of cats to poop and pee all over, will be highly effective as a method for repelling would-be partners, if one happens to be aiming for that. I could never live like that, even if at some point I decided to give up on finding a wife and commit more solidly to not giving a rat about what the rest of the world thinks of me.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 7:34 pm

It's kind of my fear... not so much that I'll have a lot of cats (as I love kitties), but that I'll be one of those crazy old ladies who only has her cats and no one else, and who everyone knows by the distinct smell of the house from down the block. I'm fine with being an eccentric who happens to own cats in her old age, but the whole connotation of the thing is what worries me in regards to my future.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 11:54 pm

I'm only 35, but I'm sure my neighbor's grandkids think of me as the crazy lady with the cat! :lol:

I only have one cat -- his brother died :( and he's too territorial to accept another cat in the house. I prefer to have two so they can keep each other company when I'm at work.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

kitty2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2008, 4:48 am

I have had cats all my life, I love cats. I have even cats tattooed on my arm! I really miss a cat now, but it's not possible to have a cat where I live now. :(

BeeBee23
Raven
Raven

12 Aug 2008, 4:53 pm

I will be a smelly old dog woman :P

Jan74
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Aug 2008, 7:48 pm

I am already the crazy cat lady. I have 4 cats and I am 33. Why wait?

kip
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 8:58 pm

I already am a crazy old cat lady. I have... 8. 4 just born on sunday.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot