Do you think you'll grow up to be a crazy old cat lady?

Page 6 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Will you be a crazy old cat lady when you're really old?
Yes! I will have many, many kitties at an old age! 77%  77%  [ 121 ]
Nah, I don't want any pets when I'm old. 6%  6%  [ 10 ]
I won't have any pets, but I will be a crazy old lady! 17%  17%  [ 26 ]
Total votes : 157

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 7:34 pm

It's kind of my fear... not so much that I'll have a lot of cats (as I love kitties), but that I'll be one of those crazy old ladies who only has her cats and no one else, and who everyone knows by the distinct smell of the house from down the block. I'm fine with being an eccentric who happens to own cats in her old age, but the whole connotation of the thing is what worries me in regards to my future.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2008, 11:54 pm

I'm only 35, but I'm sure my neighbor's grandkids think of me as the crazy lady with the cat! :lol:

I only have one cat -- his brother died :( and he's too territorial to accept another cat in the house. I prefer to have two so they can keep each other company when I'm at work.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

kitty2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2008, 4:48 am

I have had cats all my life, I love cats. I have even cats tattooed on my arm! I really miss a cat now, but it's not possible to have a cat where I live now. :(

BeeBee23
Raven
Raven

12 Aug 2008, 4:53 pm

I will be a smelly old dog woman :P

Jan74
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Aug 2008, 7:48 pm

I am already the crazy cat lady. I have 4 cats and I am 33. Why wait?

kip
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 8:58 pm

I already am a crazy old cat lady. I have... 8. 4 just born on sunday.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

ValleyBridetoBe
Raven
Raven

13 Aug 2008, 11:26 pm

Yes
I am 22 years old, have 3 cats, and go to CAT SHOWS!!
I am very young at the cat shows.

1Oryx2
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2008, 11:08 pm

Hell, yes

legendoftheselkie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Aug 2008, 1:06 am

Hell, yeah. My husband is one of those people who can't abide animals in the house, but he's ten years older than I am, so given the usual statistics, I should have some good cat years left. The minute he's out, the cats come in.
The mistake some people make, though, is taking in too many. It stops being kindness and becomes cruelty.

EnglishLulu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 9:49 am

Oh, I wouldn't want loads of cats, I wouldn't want my house to be one of those pet smell houses.

I'd like one or two though. So I guess although I ticked mad old cat lady as opposed to mad old lady, I'm actually somewhere between the two.

A very old friend of mine always jokes that I'm going to be one of those old people who is found dead some time after the event surrounded by heaps of newspapers.

I'm not that bad when it comes to general clutter, but I do have a bad newspaper and magazine habit. :oops:

I've said for years that it's my ambition to grow into a very eccentric old lady. I want to have one of those hairdos where they dye it candyfloss (cotton candy) pink! :D

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 9:43 pm

EnglishLulu wrote:
Oh, I wouldn't want loads of cats, I wouldn't want my house to be one of those pet smell houses.

I'd like one or two though. So I guess although I ticked mad old cat lady as opposed to mad old lady, I'm actually somewhere between the two.

A very old friend of mine always jokes that I'm going to be one of those old people who is found dead some time after the event surrounded by heaps of newspapers.

I'm not that bad when it comes to general clutter, but I do have a bad newspaper and magazine habit. :oops:

I've said for years that it's my ambition to grow into a very eccentric old lady. I want to have one of those hairdos where they dye it candyfloss (cotton candy) pink! :D

When I'm an old lady, I want purple hair like Mrs. Slocombe's on Are You Being Served? :lol:

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 11:31 pm

Quote:
When I'm an old lady, I want purple hair like Mrs. Slocombe's on Are You Being Served? :lol:

Ohhh yeah!! Me too! Her hair is cool. :lol:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 11:40 pm

No, because I will be too busy basking in my husband's love to hoard cats. <3