What's everyone's least favorite movie?

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 4:55 pm

BluSun wrote:
Also, the stop motion animation 1980's Wind in the Willows. The stuff of nightmares.

I haven't heard many favorable comments about that movie so I never bothered watching it, but I really like the song "Secret Of Survival" sung by the Weasels. That's the only part of the movie I ever bothered watching.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 1:17 am

BluSun wrote:
Also, the stop motion animation 1980's Wind in the Willows. The stuff of nightmares.

is the actual animation well done at least?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

BluSun
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Apr 2016, 10:42 am

I don't know how good the animation is, it's just creepy.
(I believe the Secret of Survival song is a different version, 1996.)

1983 Example: Where is the potted meat?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p8DbqTJUEz0

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 2:16 am

yeh :| if using humanoid puppets, stop motion has the unfortunate side effect of being able to hit the uncanny valley very easily.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 11:56 am

I watched the Open Road clip. I am adding 83 WITW to my viewing list :/

More movies I didn't like:

*I never liked Ralph Bakshi's LOTR.

*I've seen every Peter Jackson movie up until LOTR. One of them was good.

There is a way of judging art that I heard suggested recently. Whether it gives you energy or takes it away. Most of the films I watch fail that test.

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 01 May 2016, 1:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 12:35 pm

Bf and I once went to rent a movie, and told the guy behind the counter that we really liked Fargo. This was overheard by his colleague, who suggested Mall Cop.

About half an hour later, I cottoned on to the fact that there'd been something funny about the first guys facial expression when we rented the movie.

It was unspeakable.

The Gift
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 May 2016, 4:38 pm

For Keeps, starring Molly Ringwald. I can barely bring myself to watch it in its entirety, and I'm a die-hard Ringwald fanboy. It's the film that terminated any chances of her becoming a respectable actress; essentially the Heaven's Gate to her Michael Cimino. The film touched upon the issue of teen pregnancy, which was relevant at the time, and still is. You had Ringwald as the lead, who was highly sought after. You had John G. Avildsen of Rocky and Karate Kid fame behind the helm. How could it fail?

Well, it failed, and it failed HARD.
* For starters, Ringwald and Avildsen fought constantly during production over the direction the film was taking; Ringwald wanted to stick to the original, more true-to-life script, whereas Avildsen wanted it to be a saccharine, inspiring love story.
* Ringwald saw the film as an opportunity to basically win an Oscar, and as a result, she turns in one of the most cloying and over-the-top performances in her filmography.
* For the scenes with the baby, several infants were used, much to the chagrin of Avildsen, and quite possibly Ringwald, who may have been literally peed and pooped on.
* The actor who played the love interest's best friend was injured in a drunk driving accident, and rendered comatose. Though he returned to the set later, Avildsen greatly reduced his role, partially due to the actor's absence and partly due to his rude behavior on set.
* According to an interview with Ringwald, much of the film was recut or reshot. A simple Google image search and even the back of the VHS box shows stills of scenes that didn't make the final cut.
* Though the film was a successful at the box office, given its low budget of a million dollars, the film was utterly crucified by critics, and currently holds a 5.8 on IMDB and a mere 22% on Rotten Tomatoes.

The film was responsible for killing a handful of careers:
* Ringwald was perhaps the biggest victim of fiasco. By the time the film was released, her status as a potential leading lady was over, and since the early 90s, she's appeared in numerous failed sitcoms, television movies, and direct-to-video B-flicks. Though she may be gaining a bit more attention with her role in the failed Jem and the Holograms movie and her jazz act, she's got a long, long way to go to regain her former glory.
* Randall Batinkoff, her male co-star, hasn't really appeared in anything since.
* Avildsen's career as a director began to slow down, and his last film, the Jean-Claude Van Damme film Desert Heat, was released directly to video in 1999.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 3:29 pm

My most hated film trilogy would have be Lord of the rings.

Some Films though I dislike in general

Pokemon the movie
Christopher nolans batman trilogy (except for batman begins)
Harry Potter trilogly
Star Wars trilogy
Dirty Harry
Wolf of wall street
What's eating Gilbert grape
The matrix
You've got mail
Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 3:39 pm

Jamesy wrote:
My most hated film trilogy would have be Lord of the rings.

Some Films though I dislike in general

Pokemon the movie
Christopher nolans batman trilogy (except for batman begins)
Harry Potter trilogly
Star Wars trilogy
Dirty Harry
Wolf of wall street
What's eating Gilbert grape
The matrix
You've got mail
Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns

You do know that Harry Potter wasn't just a trilogy, right? It was 7 books split into 8 movies.

Maple78
Raven
Raven

02 May 2016, 4:08 pm

"The Notebook". I almost feel allergic to it.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 1:51 am

underwater wrote:
Bf and I once went to rent a movie, and told the guy behind the counter that we really liked Fargo. This was overheard by his colleague, who suggested Mall Cop.

About half an hour later, I cottoned on to the fact that there'd been something funny about the first guys facial expression when we rented the movie.

It was unspeakable.

very nicely worded. :mrgreen:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2016, 9:34 pm

BluSun wrote:
I don't know how good the animation is, it's just creepy.
(I believe the Secret of Survival song is a different version, 1996.)

1983 Example: Where is the potted meat?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p8DbqTJUEz0

I didn't know that there were 2 versions of it. The version that I remember watching was much less creepy.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 2:12 am

Good Boy, from 2003.

that movie made me groan more than anything else when it was chosen to watch, as a kid.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 2:31 am

Rabbit Test. I nearly got lynched by my fraternity brothers for renting that dog! Any wonder I never like Joan Rivers, who was behind this travesty?

INTPnarwhal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jun 2016, 7:38 pm

It's called Severed Ways *shudder*. It was the first and last time we let my dad pick out a movie for us to watch. We're scarred for life. Halfway through it actually shows a close-up of one of the main characters taking a dump in the woods! 8O

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2016, 9:55 am

INTPnarwhal wrote:
It's called Severed Ways *shudder*. It was the first and last time we let my dad pick out a movie for us to watch. We're scarred for life. Halfway through it actually shows a close-up of one of the main characters taking a dump in the woods! 8O

Oh god!! !! !! !!