A 17 year old telling a 12 year he likes her is it wrong?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

PropaneLover
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2016, 8:49 am

I am 17, and a guy, and I like a 12 year old girl. I want to tell her so bad, as I've sunk into a depression from being unable to tell her for fear of getting into trouble, and due to my limited interactions with her. I know it's wrong, but I can not help how I feel. What should I do? I don't plan on dating her, just finding out if she likes me back.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 9:05 am

Is the a romantic like or just a like you as a person like?
I've Devised two Situation below

I. If it is romantic you might want to wait a little while, but it depends she might take it the wrong way, but I don think it wrong. I mean as the LGBT Community says you can't help who you love. You might want to wait till she turns 13 or so, a Teenager dating a Teenager isn't to bad.

II. If it isn't then There is no reason not to, I mean you can't blame someone for trying, But this might go with how Autistic people like people who are often younger/older than you.

Though yeah, It would be difficult, if they take it the wrong way. So, It's a sticky situation.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 11:37 am

Do you love her enough that you are willing to wait for her? She is at a quite delicate age and may not sully understand your feelings.

Perhaps you could confess your feelings but agree to wait till she is older before startING a relationship. Or just tell her you will wait until she is ready

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 12:47 pm

It's not a good idea to tell her. I don't know what country you are in, but here in the UK the legal age of consent is 16, so she is underage. Now, I reckon you probably just want to spend time with her and get to know her, no law breaking in mind, but that's not how people looking in on the situation will see it. They'll see an older guy with a teenage sex drive wanting to have a relationship with an underage girl. That's a big no no.

Give it time, you may get over it even though you feel really rough at the moment. Love hurts, but time is a healer.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 1:39 pm

Well if this was a case you liked her enough to want to try a relationship, you would have to wait till she's 17 for any sexual activity so hypothetically there is that, but waiting 5 years to go beyond holding hands essentially would take a lot of patience and commitment, by that time you might not even have the same feelings about her. But yeah state has some rather steep age of consent laws and no close in age exceptions.
https://www.age-of-consent.info/states/Illinois

If you're just curious if she likes you back like to know if girls find you appealing not sure there is much harm in that, though I wouldn't know how to approach that kind of thing.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 1:47 pm

Don't even think about it. She's 12-years-old, for Chris's sake! This is bordering on pedophilia!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Basso53
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 2:15 pm

Pieplup wrote:
Is the a romantic like or just a like you as a person like?
I've Devised two Situation below

I. If it is romantic you might want to wait a little while, but it depends she might take it the wrong way, but I don think it wrong. I mean as the LGBT Community says you can't help who you love. You might want to wait till she turns 13 or so, a Teenager dating a Teenager isn't to bad.

II. If it isn't then There is no reason not to, I mean you can't blame someone for trying, But this might go with how Autistic people like people who are often younger/older than you.

Though yeah, It would be difficult, if they take it the wrong way. So, It's a sticky situation.

I wasn't aware that the LGBT community was in favor of pedophilia. :roll:

Their saying assumes consenting adults. As in, able to legally give consent.

A 12 or 13 year old cannot consent to sexual activity anywhere in the US or western Europe.

You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

PropaneLover
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2016, 2:25 pm

I don't plan on engaging in sexual activity with her...so why should age of consent laws be a problem?

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 2:57 pm

As an adult, if it were my kid that you were interested in, I would want to kick your ass for even thinking about it. Twelve and seventeen are not even close when it comes to maturity.

As a kid, I did date much older guys, but I didn't know any better. I didn't realize until I grew up that it was a bad idea, after having all kinds of bad experiences. At twelve I thought I was very mature, but I was very wrong.

Even if this girl is interested in you, she's still not mature enough for a relationship with someone your age. She shouldn't even be having any kind of relationship, besides the hold-hands and sit-together-at-the-lunch-table kind. Find someone your own age.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 3:33 pm

12 --> Child, unlikely to be as mature as a 17, less developed brain, under-developed genitals...etc

17 --> legally teen but way beyond puberty, almost young adult, with almost fully developed brain, hormones and genitals.

And I am talking biology and brain development wise, not just the legal aspect of it, I don't care what any local laws would say about that, I am talking biology... it's not just a matter of "age is just a number" here which can be said about two adults with the same age gap ie. like 20 and 25.

All this means, if I was the father of this child girl, I would kick your ass for this.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 4:21 pm

That thread reminded me of a stunt social experiment been done here in my city

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 4:41 pm

Guys, I think this is MonsterCrack.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

B19
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 5:23 pm

Thanks Wilburforce. MonsterCrack aka this sock puppet of his was banned before for grossly inappropriate posting of various kinds, including threads referring to his attraction to children as young as 4. To other posters in this thread: if he or any other 'new' member joins to seek approval (which is what he is doing) to justify his attraction to underage children, please think twice before posting anything he might choose to interpret as encouragement, and be aware that statistically there will be members here who have been targeted by paedophiles who can be retraumatised by what you may write, as well as what MonsterCrack seeks to validate.

B19