Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you like it when people stare at you?
Yes, it pwns! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, I hate it! 84%  84%  [ 36 ]
Not if I don't know why they are doing it. 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 43

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 2:29 am

Do you like it when people look at you for several seconds?

I don't, because I don't like being looked at by someone if I am not having a conversation with them, and that when someone stares at me, it gives me the impression that something is wrong with me, especially when I haven't said anything.

I don't mind when people look at me when I am speaking to them because they actually have a reason to look at me.

Not that this happens to me in public, but there is someone in my class who sometimes looks at me for more than two seconds at a time. It's not because they like or 'fancy' me, after all not many people like me in school (but a lot of them acknowledge me).

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 2:34 am

I hate people looking at me. It makes me feel really uncomfortable. My mum looks at me sometimes and I always have to tell her to stop, but she keeps doing it. I don't mind so much when people look at me when I'm talking to them, though.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 2:53 am

No, I find it very rude. I only like it if I'm dressed up really nicely that day and they're checking out the outfit. That's actually happened lots of times!

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 3:09 am

I just stare back.... I always pick it (the staring) up with my peripheral vision, and it happens quite often. There must be something about me physically that's worth staring at. :roll:

It doesn't make me uncomfortable rather than making me curious, i.e., I'd really like to ask them why they're staring at me.... I don't mind it at all when wee little ones stare at me though...I wave back and give them the rarely seen smile. :) They usually run/turn away though.... :wink:

I don't know...I reckon I look like everyone else out there, i.e., human like.

RadiationHazard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 3:48 am

You think I don't see? You think I don't feel your eyes, like grubby little fingers, little childrens fingers on my body!

Dr. Chase: I'm Australian.

Dr. House: You put the Queen on your money, you're British.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 4:18 am

I tend to either glare at people who do this, walk off out of their line of sight or say something very rude as I pass them. I abhor being stared at.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 4:43 am

I expose my studded Union Jack wristband, and I proudly make a slight pose and say, "I know I'm different"! That ticks the young NT sheeple off, and than the clones walk off in a bad mood. :twisted:

I really use that method, you know. 8)

RadiationHazard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 4:51 am

I can make a really creepy grin, I think I might use that to scare them off sometimes.

Dr. Chase: I'm Australian.

Dr. House: You put the Queen on your money, you're British.

Fraz_2006
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Apr 2007, 5:00 am

If its a cute girl about my age, then I dont mind at all. :lol:

But I dont like guys staring at me, or anybody that I dont get along with.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 5:01 am

only when I am talking to someone, otherwise is very uncomfortable

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
What are you staring at?!

BenJ
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Apr 2007, 6:11 am

I absolutely hate it!

Sometimes i find it rude or like someone is challenging me to look back.

Sometimes it just makes me want to run and hide .

Generally it is just extreemely unnerving.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 6:54 am

I hate it when people stare at me; I can't concentrate on what I'm doing with people looking at me.

Mushroom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Apr 2007, 7:14 am

As long as I know them, it's fine with me. But if anybody else that I don't know even LOOKS (not stares) at me for a few seconds, I HATE IT!! And my answer is that I turn my head towards them and stare. I stare until they decide never to look at me again.

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 7:16 am

I tend to be oblivious to this. People looking at me in general and I also avoid places with large amounts of people unless I'm going there for a specific reason in which case I'm focused on that reason enough to tune it out. I'm often being told I'm getting stared at or 'checked ot' its rather beyond me. They also tend to immediately back off once I notice they're staring, been told its the "F***OFF" essence as my one friend puts it.

Generally it annoys me, sometimes I get anxious about it. I walk away or go in a different direction or just ignore it. If they provoke enough I'll take initiative against it but I don't really find many people worth that amount of effort.

Cordelia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Apr 2007, 7:58 am

I stare and don't know I'm doing it.

I didn't know I was ticking people off until my mid 30's. I knew I was doing something wrong becuase of how people reacted to me. HOwever, I didn't know it it was looking at them....which they translated into staring.

I can't stop now; it's odd. I never thought about people staring at me. I have to think on this one some more.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 8:47 am

Fraz_2006 wrote:
If its a cute girl about my age, then I dont mind at all. :lol:

But I dont like guys staring at me, or anybody that I dont get along with.

HEY, SAME HERE! :lol:

I was actually stared at at least 4 times last week! I believe there were 3 little kids, and one adult(different occasions). The kids usually ARE girls, but nowhere near my age! 8-( At least they smile like half the time, maybe more, and are sometimes too young to really be hiding emotions. Still, I wish I knew WHY? I mean sometimes they stare at me for MINUTES, and they react when I look back so I KNOW they are looking at me, and it likely isn't because they are autistic.

Some autistics have, at some places, hunted me out. I don't know if it is because I have obvious social deficits or what.

So WHAT is it? People have said I look normal. I sent a recording to a person here and she said I sound normal. Nobody pointed out differences to me in school.

Steve