Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 4:59 am

I am wondering how many others here still have a certain childlike wonder at the more simple things in life, like the shapes of plants, the way animals behave, the sky, the sun and water, not to mention the power of the elements. I find that these things all bring me alive, and often when I go out, I get drawn to looking closely at plants or at a bird I hear singing in a tree and I could look at water for hours. I find these things give me more pleasure than any manmade, material things ever can.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 5:01 am

I feel about the same.

Don't get me wrong computers are great but Mother Nature is still more awesome then DEEP BLUE.

giaam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Apr 2007, 5:32 am

Graelwyn wrote:
I am wondering how many others here still have a certain childlike wonder at the more simple things in life, like the shapes of plants, the way animals behave, the sky, the sun and water, not to mention the power of the elements. I find that these things all bring me alive, and often when I go out, I get drawn to looking closely at plants or at a bird I hear singing in a tree and I could look at water for hours. I find these things give me more pleasure than any manmade, material things ever can.

With you on that.. :nerdy:

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 5:36 am

Yep…I can stare at a granule of sand and be amazed, amused and/or bewildered for hours...days, years or forever if that's all I had to look at. In the end, it’s all made of the same stuff…but that’s just useless intellectual musing on my part to explain why I am how I innately am.

Emotionally I'm like a four year old...which may have something to do with this "problem" I have. :roll:

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 5:39 am

Must be why I still get insane urges to climb things and jump in things :lol:

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

29 Apr 2007, 5:45 am

I'm a simple fun guy too. I can be amused for a long time by a simple item. I love rivers too.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 5:49 am

Graelwyn wrote:
Must be why I still get insane urges to climb things and jump in things :lol:

I’d climb anything and everything if I weren’t so afraid of falling. I like jumping off things…which is interesting because this act entails falling off of said things; I’m not always logical. :?

There's a decent mountain near me that I'm going to climb someday....

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 5:55 am

I have climbed a mountain but not a really major one, just one in the Lake District here in the uk. I actually have a horrible fear of heights these days.

paolo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 6:00 am

Graelwyn wrote:
a certain childlike wonder at the more simple things in life, like the shapes of plants.

It’s not childlike wonder, it’s having a glimpse into what life really means as opposed to cell phones and all the rest.
I still remember a walk on an Alp. I found myself looking at all the different little wild flowers blossoming in a square meter. May be they were a hundred in a square meter! All different, all marvelous. I would like to go back there to see them and contemplate. Now I have some cacti on my catwalk, all different, all having flowers and different arrangements of thorns; some have two or three different kind of thorns.

Xan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Apr 2007, 6:00 am

yeah i think i`m a bit like that to.

sorry about my bad spelling got dyslexia

Norwegian aspie site:

http://asforum.110mb.com/index.php

warpdrive13
Raven
Raven

Location: my body is in the uk but god knows where my brain is

29 Apr 2007, 6:28 am

yeah im really easy to amuse by simple things

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 6:37 am

Absolutely. Simple things actually turn out to be more complex. We definitely have much to learn from nature.

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 7:23 am

I don't understand simple often.
The tree is a tree, okay so if I'm forced to sit there and stare at it forever and 'see beyond' its simple structure I can because I am like that. However I am someone who is contently improving on things existing, with that in mind it would be much more fulfilling, successful and stimulating to my mind to improve on something more complex. In science I was always the chemist next to the biologist (I mean.. my name is AgentCyclosarin after all..) so this might also explain things, while if I need to I could learn biology type information but in that, naturally I have not much interest in the living organics of our society.

Sometimes, rarely but sometimes I can find pleasure in these things. When I need to escape everything, not just one thing but generally everything. This is normally when I recluse fully in to my own world instead of intuitively gather information to build in my own world. My own world isn't very organic either so no. I'm very much in my own world striving for perfection and systematic clarity. I'm not very nature oriented.

Last edited by agentcyclosarin on 29 Apr 2007, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 7:23 am

Graelwyn wrote:

Funny. I don't know if it is an autistic trait, but it certainly is an AS one. It's in the DSM! Yeah, I'm the SAME way! If I am bored, etc... I may find myself even clicking a pen, and seeing how everything works. I don't just click the pen. I look at all the pieces, examine the movement, determine just when the cartridge latches, etc... It isn't like I really care, but it is just like some part of me wants to explore even really simple things, and that part takes over if my normal conscious personality has nothing better to do! And I STILL try to reason animal feelings/actions based on feral human ones.

BTW ODD Thing! When my normal conscious personality realizes this, it almost watches the other being curious what's going to happen next! ODD!

Steve

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 7:28 am

Graelwyn wrote:

You just described exactly how I feel about things. I love my computer/internet as well, but it's not really the same. I love watching water.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

29 Apr 2007, 7:29 am

Simple enjoyable things: warm/hot bath/showers, sleep, styrofoam cup to keep your drink cold, cold drink, AC running and sleeping lazy all day