Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Amerithius
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Apr 2007, 12:27 am

I feel at home in nature. Really, like said before, it's the little and simple(really meaning not man-made) things that are important. I get a lot of joy and ecstasy out of doing things like programming, math, (learning and understanding in general), (but more so nature). Although I'll feel most balanced in a tranquil setting where I can be at peace. So being surrounded by nature without the disturbance of people is really quite a feeling. I feel I can better connect with truth and beauty, without the conventions and misunderstandings/deceptions people seem to hold.

It's always evoked something from me ever since my days in elementary school to say the least.
Ah, thanks for reminding me of those times, much needed

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. (John 8:32)

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 12:41 am

Addendum: to take this thread even further down my path of mental illness; I can be placed into “nothing”, the void, the pure darkness; no senses other than thought and be amused until the end.

Everything else is just a distraction [to me] that’s difficult to sift through and filter out….

paolo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 7:22 am

The noise of water running in a mountain brook, perhaps nothing sooths me as running water of a natural stream. Perhaps it’s my misanthropic streak that prevails here, because running water is one of the few things which is not subject to the governance of man. Of course a river may be deviated, glaciers may be melted as a result of man's actions. But the unchanging noise of a brook is not a human made noise.

And if I venture an answer to this, it is: because we are, after all, “wired” for a happy encounter with nature. Why should a desert be more attractive than the freeways or airports? A wood more than a factory? We are born for forests and wilderness not for domestication and forced labour.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 8:40 am

It's too unusual to find me often watching the birds in the nearby trees cause, in my mind the birds have a greater sense of awareness of their surroundings as well other nearby birds whereby, humans from the "NT" sense tend to be most difficult to interact with.

ProfessorX

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 Apr 2007, 11:15 am

i love forests. especially thick ones. blue spruce is my favorite tree followed by aspens.

RaeRae
Raven
Raven

30 Apr 2007, 2:54 pm

I'd be happy all day if I could be outside enjoying nature, birds, bugs, flowers, trees, water. I have a new raccoon friend that lives in my attic and comes down into the garage at night and I have her eating out of my hand and whens shes in the garage I sit out there watching her, feeding her, and feel like I could stay up all night doing that.

I feel like I enjoy and appriciate nature and such more than the average person. I still like to jump off rocks into rivers and climb trees. I resist the tree thing, my neighbors would probably call the cops.

A part of me still feels very young.