Star Wars: the Force Awakens - Worst Star Wars film ever?

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2016, 8:14 am

Plot Hole:
In fiction, a plot hole, plothole or plot error is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot. Such inconsistencies include such things as illogical or impossible events, and statements or events that contradict earlier events in the storyline.

A plot hole is that ghosty Obi Wan asks Yoda, "Was I any different when you taught me?" yet in the prequels Yoda is never his teacher.
A lot of the other stuff you guys are saying does not meet the definition.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 9:29 pm

A lot like NuGhostbusters and Jurassic World, TFA tried to do this weird hybrid between "original" and "Something new". All three fell flat, IMO, because they tried so hard to appeal to the original fans of the franchises, while simultaneously trying to appeal to a new crowd, be it with excessive CGI (Jurassic World), or with "Politically correct/SJW" characters (NuGhostbusters, TFA). TFA's plot is pretty much ANH with bits of ESB thrown in for good measure. There's these Nazi-Empire guys, but they don't really do much besides kill a few villagers. Our protagonist is a girl. Darth Vader's fanboy wangsty grandson wants to bring the Empire back, like what several EU characters did before Disney declared those non-canon (for some reason...). There's this traitor Stormtrooper who forms a sorta relationship with a Rebel pilot and this ball droid is there too.

Overall, I found TFA to be underwhelming and I don't have interest in Rouge One.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2016, 10:49 pm

Quote:
"Politically correct/SJW" characters (NuGhostbusters, TFA

Being female does not make a character a SJW or "politically correct". That's like me saying the original Ghostbusters is a MRA film because it has men in it.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 10:26 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:

Being female does not make a character a SJW or "politically correct". That's like me saying the original Ghostbusters is a MRA film because it has men in it.

I didn't say anything about a character being female. :?

And TFA has many more problems than what gender a character is.

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2016, 12:55 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:

I didn't say anything about a character being female. :?

And TFA has many more problems than what gender a character is.

And all of these "problems" that Austinfrom1995 mentioned, my dear YippySkippy, are summerized in this video:

-Thomas Jefferson