Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 10:34 am

Who here likes the Smash Bros. series? I have only just got the Gamecube game but it's really addictive. I have all but three characters, around 20 arenas and my favourite character is Roy. But I have a feeling that not many people have played it. I have a brother who plays games with me and I'm trying to unlock Mewtwo by playing 20:00 hours of Combined Vs. Play Time.

So please, tell me if you like the Smash Bros. series and who your favourite character is.
Also, who would you like to see in Brawl?

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 12:10 pm

I play the nintendo 64 version.
20 hours of multiplayer for mewtwo? Is that really worth it? It could be a rumor anyway.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 12:21 pm

The 20 hour play-time to unlock Mewtwo is the time of all players combined. If you plug in four controllers and leave the game in a versus match for five hours, you can unlock Mewtwo more quickly (He's underrated - he's slow, but I think he's cool).

My best character in Melee is Falco, but I also like Mario and Luigi.

Some characters I want to see in Brawl:

-Geno from Super Mario RPG - HELL YES!
-Sonic the Hedgehog - Possibly a good gift for '90s gamers
-Lucario from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl - This guy just looks awesome. Plus, he's a part-Fighting type, so he fits.

I think they should take out Dr. Mario and Pichu in Brawl and "de-clone" Luigi, Ganondorf, and Falco.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 4:59 pm

I like the N64 version better.

My brothers eventually started to hate playing it with me.

CrimsonEdge
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 5:36 pm

I played both the N64 one and the GameCube one. I can't wait for Brawl. :)

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 10:05 am

DejaQ wrote:
The 20 hour play-time to unlock Mewtwo is the time of all players combined. If you plug in four controllers and leave the game in a versus match for five hours, you can unlock Mewtwo more quickly (He's underrated - he's slow, but I think he's cool).

My best character in Melee is Falco, but I also like Mario and Luigi.

Some characters I want to see in Brawl:

-Geno from Super Mario RPG - HELL YES!
-Sonic the Hedgehog - Possibly a good gift for '90s gamers
-Lucario from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl - This guy just looks awesome. Plus, he's a part-Fighting type, so he fits.

I think they should take out Dr. Mario and Pichu in Brawl and "de-clone" Luigi, Ganondorf, and Falco.

I only play multiplayer with my brother. If I invite my friends round then I'd have enough players to play. But what if you lose the match to unlock him? Where does he appear again? Do you have to play another Vs. Match

(By the way, I've unlocked all the characters except for Mewtwo, Pichu and Mr. Game and Watch. I know this because I have read online about the unlockable characters and how to unlock them. Between us, me and my brother have completed Adventure and Classic with all the characters we have)

Also, what's the best way to defeat Event Match 27? (the one with the Metal Samuses). Although I'm good with Samus the opponents are better than me.

Unfortunately I don't have four controllers (unless you count bongos). One of them is broken so if my friends bring controllers I can compete in a four player match. I already have between 7-9 hours of combined Vs. Play Time and I'm trying to play some Vs. Matches with my brother every day in order to increase the time.

I would like to see Wolf Link in Brawl. He could either be a selectable character from the menu screen or a transformation of Link (like Zelda/Sheik in Melee). Maybe they should keep Roy in there too. I have a feeling that one day Smash Bros. will be a beat 'em up that has characters from every well known video game, not just Nintendo games. After all, if Solid Snake can get in there, why can't Sonic, why can't Viewtiful Joe, why can't ANY video game character?

Chozodian_Warrior
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2007, 11:44 pm

I don't want a Wii, so Brawl doesn't appeal to me. But... MELEE! Zelda pwnz all.

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 11:51 am

The current line up of Brawl is as follows:

Mario
Pikachu
Kirby
Link
Solid Snake
Pit
Metaknight
Wario
Zero Suit Samus (likely an unlockable)
Fox Mcloud

I may have missed one out.

I hope you can pull off more special attacks, so there could be six instead of four. This way, Link would be able to turn into Wolf Link and still use a bow, boomerang, bombs and a spin attack. Maybe they could include the Ball and Chain from TP too.

Also, Luigi isn't a complete clone of Mario because he has some different moves to Mario. Try pressing A while running, Mario can't do that. And also Luigi has the Green Missile instead of the Cape which is an enteirely different attack.

Kcihtred2
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2007, 11:57 am

to have a 20 hours of multi player time... set up a 2 player game stock match and let it run for a entire day! lol, thats what i did!

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 2:38 pm

TheAPERSON wrote:
I only play multiplayer with my brother. If I invite my friends round then I'd have enough players to play. But what if you lose the match to unlock him? Where does he appear again? Do you have to play another Vs. Match

I've never had to worry about that, because I've always done it on the first try. :P

If you have two controllers, just plug them in and start a match (No time limit!) when you're leaving the house someplace. Do it maybe two days in a row and when you get home, get ready to fight.

Can't say I'm any good at event matches, though!

TheAPERSON wrote:
Also, Luigi isn't a complete clone of Mario because he has some different moves to Mario. Try pressing A while running, Mario can't do that. And also Luigi has the Green Missile instead of the Cape which is an enteirely different attack.

True, but with Mario & Luigi, Luigi was given electricity-related moves as opposed to Mario's fire-based moves, so they could add even more variation now.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 4:59 pm

We played that more then any other game except maybe Perfect Dark at my alternative school. My favorite character was Donkey Kong.

Chozodian_Warrior
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2007, 9:54 pm

TheAPERSON wrote:
Mario
Pikachu
Kirby
Link
Solid Snake
Pit
Metaknight
Wario
Zero Suit Samus (likely an unlockable)
Fox Mcloud

I'd use Meta-Knight.

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2007, 11:19 am

Interesting fact for you: did you know that the characters that fight in SSB Melee are trophies. If you look very carefully you'll see a trophy base underneath the character at the start of the match, before they come to life and the battle starts. I think the same thing happens in the N64 version but I haven't played that one.

Also, SSB Brawl will be the first game where Mario's dungarees looks like a proper dungerees, with a denim pattern

jimservo wrote:
We played that more then any other game except maybe Perfect Dark at my alternative school. My favorite character was Donkey Kong.

Good choice. My brother uses Donkey Kong sometimes since he's both fast and strong. He uses Bowser, C. Falcon, Kirby and Ganondorf more though.

Another character I would like to see in Brawl is the ballonist from ballon fight. He could be like Kirby, Metaknight and Pit by having a 5x jump. Maybe they could include more F-Zero characters too. As for non-Nintendo characters I'd like to see Viewtiful Joe. Imagine hitting an opponent with a smash attack, sending them flying, then slowing down time and watching it happen slowly.

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 1:25 pm

Clearly this topic is dead now so I'll round off by saying that me and my brother have unlocked Mewtwo, Pichu and Mr. Game and Watch. Now I'm playing for all the arenas. I still have 3 to go!

I think Mewtwo was worth playing 20 hours of combined Vs. Play Time for, however, me and my brother played several 20 minute matches with three controllers plugged in to unlock him. Then finally on Saturday, we unlocked him and made a lot of progress. Mewtwo with a hammer is quite a funny sight.

However, Mr. Game and Watch with a hammer is even funnier. This guy is quite simply the best character and his arena pwnz all.

Pichu ended up being the last character to have it's target test stage complete. Took me ages but I finally did it.

Clearly though, no ones even bothered anymore so I'll just leave it there.